BMW X5 Lease - unrealistic?

Have not considered the X6 at this point

can you remind me what MSD stands for?

Well my friend, X6 lease is better than X5

Millennial secret discount… for anyone under 40 but it’s not advertised…need to know the password…

Come on man… google and search the board

5 Likes

I did google it but couldn’t find anything…

First hit
Drop and give me 50
Bad lessee

2 Likes

He is bad at google. No wonder he has not heard about the great deal son the X6…

thanks for the feedback everyone.

Just rude. You can play with the noobs, but you don’t need to hurt them.

Multiple Security Deposits. It’s in the calculator and you can see the affects of the refundable MSDs weigh lower your MF.

3 Likes

Did the n00b respect him when he lied about googling it already?

GoogleFu is not instinctual. You’d think people would be good by now, but life rarely matches expectations. Typing Multiple Security Deposits would have taken you less time than a screenshot. Don’t play coy. :no_good_woman:

May have Googled Millennial Secret Discount based on your guidance. You’re better than that I hope.

1 Like

lol, sadly, I did trust him and googled millennial secret discount. all my searches for MSD on this forum came up with… MSD :man_shrugging:

in any case, appreciate the helpful reply.

1 Like

Are the MF and residuals the same for 2019 loaners as new vehicles? These loaners have 1500 - 4000 miles on them.

MF yes… .00177 for any BMW car in the country. RV will vary based on location, year, model, and even trim. Go to the Edmunds board for ‘19 X5s to get the RV.

Thanks. I saw that a good discount on new cars is about 10% off MSRP. What’s a reasonable discount to expect off of the loaner list prices? They list an MSRP followed by a discounted but it looks artificially high MSRP given the features, options and packages listed.

At least 15% for a ‘19 X5? I know brokers here are offered to get 11% or so off new, then you have to take into account the mileage penalty (5k would drop the RV/your discount around 2%) and it’s not eligible for the $1K post purchase CCA rebate. (Almost another 2%)

Dealers may be able to sell them to less informed
buyers for less % discount so may be better off going with new especially since there will be more competition vs a handful of loaners.

Use this one as a guide:

I was quoted in southern FL on a 2019 X6 - $68k MSRP.
$12,720 rebates/discounts, zero down 36 months, 10k miles pa. $800. $3,500 down - $691pm - all including tax. Is this a good deal, or should I be looking at a X5 ?

What is the breakdown of incentives vs. discount? Price seems high… Any idea what the MF is?

They have been heavily discounting X6s both 2018 and 2019 so should be able to get a better deal.

rebate 6k, discount 6,720

For those numbers I’d bet you can easily find an X5. Here is a listing from this month, on the information you present, I’d assume your $0 “down” is the same as this:

$2k higher MSRP and $269 a month cheaper. Open the calculator in the thread, strip the info out, and email every dealer in FL tomorrow (the last day of the month) the raw numbers in there. Tell them these are the numbers you want and you’ll sign tomorrow if someone will give you that deal. Maybe someone bites, $10k difference over 3 years (and that’s before MSDs, might be able to find a few more dollars with them).

The search function on this site is excellent, people really need to do more comparing. I mean, I guess it’s good they don’t, otherwise there is no way for all of us to subsidize our leases, but once someone finds this site, they should use it for all its worth, and it’s fantastic!