BMW X4M Competition lease-How bad of a deal is this?

This is my 1st post here.
I got a quote from local Fairfield county CT dealer without much negotiation (yet). How bad is this deal?

2020 BMWX4M Competition
3 year lease, 12k miles
Retail: $84,795
Sales Price: $82,500
Savings: $2,295
Accessories: $354
Govt Fees: $200
Proc/Doc Fees: $595
Capitalized Taxes: $249.87
Sec Dep: 0
Acquisition Fee: $925
Gross Cap Cost: $83,103.87
Rebate: $1,500
Cash Down: 0
Net Cap Cost: $81,603
Amount Due Drive Off: $2,905.81 (1st Mo payment + Fees)
Monthly Fee: $1,227
MF: .00167
Res Value: 57%

An alternative was:
If I put Sec Dep. of $8,400, the Monthly fee drops to $1,185 and MF goes to .00135

Lastly, I could pay down $5000 of the lease and it would get a monthly fee of $1,050.

Should I be aiming for 0 driveoff and 1% of sale price in a monthly fee, or $810-$840?

Thanks.

Dave

Did you even bother to read the rest of this forum or utilize the search function?

Lots of things you need to improve on. Firstly, you’re discount is virtually nothing ( 2.8%).

It would do you some good to read about lease basics before asking “is this a good deal” and then formulating at least a somewhat informed opinion.

$74,500 SP and get an OL code for extra incentive, buy rate as well.

thank you. I read the directions but not clearly enough. Will re read.

They are discounting the car which is not normal of brand new M models. Most dealerships are charging a markup.

This vehicle isn’t something you’re going to find on here.

good to know- thank you. It has 6 miles-I was the only one to test drive it even though they told me today-its been out several times…

It’s a freaking m and a brand new model. I don’t know what you can do w this thing. That’s a hell of a payment for an 80k car. Going to say it as honest as I can, I don’t think this payment will look pretty anywhere. There’s just low stock…new model…highest model…m…no incentives…hot car. That all adds up you being f’ed.

2 Likes

Great first post… has all the numbers necessary for people to offer an opinion.

So many first posts are more like, “is $889 a month a good deal for a Chevy Dingo? The wife wants one because it has a separate row for her purse. Also considering a Huracan if the dealer will eat the last 17 payments on my Challenger and give me $200k off. TIA.”

11 Likes

Can you email me the name of the dealer who will eat 17 payments and 200k off please? Thank you :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

thanks. i may have to pass on this one…

thank you.

thanks. I may pass on this if they dont have room or motivation to move

They dont need motivation to move it. It’s brand new.

Exactly ^^

Frankly, I would love to know what OP was expecting for #s?

1 Like

I guess it’s a question of whether it is bad for this car, or bad for a car in this segment at similar MSRP.

A lot of new posts follow this pattern:
“Is this a good deal?”
“No, you can get X,Y, or Z for the same money or less”
“But I really want it”
“Okay, good luck”

Maybe check out an SQ5 for now and wait for the newness to die down? Not on the same level, but I think they are around half as much to lease.

Did you get a good deal? You got a discount on an X4 M Comp. That’s a better deal than anyone else will get right now. Period.

2 Likes

What’s a Stelvio QV or a Macan Turbo go for these days?

You wouldn’t discount on this? :smile:

For the heck of it I think I’ll poke around with my contact on one of these to see if we can at least get invoice. You never know.

you could probably get an x5m for that payment, tt v8 > tt 6 cylinder but there’s no support for those anymore, I think you gotta pay the piper on this one if you want it.