BMW x3 m40i Lease - please help

You are getting about an 8.5% discount on the new one. I think you’ll get suggestions to push close to 13-14% off before any incentives.

How many miles are on the loaner? That might be the better deal if you don’t mind the miles as the discount is much better.

1 Like

Please let me know before I sign if you think this is a good deal? It is a demo with 1K miles. Thanks in advance!

This includes taking over a $900 balance on my existing lease

Demo with 1,000 miles.
MSRP: $58,395

Selling Price - $52,250
Rebates - $3,500

Residual: .59
MF: .00145

With $790 due at signing, your monthly payment would be $613 for 36 months/10k
The $790 DAS includes first months payment, taxes & fees, and tags.

residual should have dropped now that it’s July, I think it’s .58 for 36/10.

You’re only getting a 10.5% discount on a loaner, that’s not a good discount at all for a loaner.

Are you using MSDs? You should, you can save quite a bit of change.

ok thanks! I’ll see what I can do with the discount and MSDs, appreciate your response

No worries! This forum is here to help you out!

1 Like

Nyclife just posted his spreadsheet - Nyclife: july bmw deals (nj/ct/ny/pa) - $479/mo plus drive-offs which are probably considerably less than $4,237.14

Yeah, the MF got better this month but the residual dropped for the X3 so it’s basically a wash for deal structure. Push for bigger discounts on a demo, but one with only 1k miles they won’t be motivated to move.

1 Like

For the loaners push for a minimum of 14% pre incentives.
Make sure also you are getting the base MF which is .00145 right now.

1 Like

They came back a discounted price of $51,200 (12.3%) without incentives, they said this is the absolute best they can offer. This is $770 DAS and $588 a month. Do you guys think this is good enough offer? Thanks!

There is more of discount to be had on this, IMO you should be able to squeeze 14% pre incentives out of them. I would say if they are not budging, look at other dealers and they may come back to you towards the end of the month.

1 Like

Ok will do thanks for the feedback!

Anytime, let us know how you make out.

They are sticking to the 12.3% discount as the best offer right now. They added with loaners coming out in the near future they don’t anticipate a price as aggressive as this one. I will keep looking around in the mean time!

The car is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it. The dealership is in business to maximize their profit, not give away cars. I just got a quote on a loaner (non-bmw) for 10% off sticker. People here would scoff at that but it happens to be on a brand that doesn’t discount the MSRP and the “loaner” has only 43 miles on it (Less than many of the “new” units on their lot). Point is, people here have these weird dogmas about 14% off etc etc which may be true in some markets but if the car has less than a thousand miles and you really like the vehicle then you might miss out on a great opportunity. At 12.3% discount on a “loaner” with very few miles, you might find that’s a deal worth taking. Just because people here say it should be discounted more doesn’t mean they will and somebody else won’t come along and take it at that price. 12% off plus rebates plus buy rate = a damn good deal in my book. You could easily put a thousand miles on your car in like 2 weeks of driving or one weekend trip.

2 Likes

If you want a deeper discount, the loaner will almost surely need to have more miles on it. I got mine for 19.5% off before incentives two weeks ago at 4900 miles. That being said, I was also offered exactly 12.3% off a brand new one, first pencil offer from another dealer. You don’t have to dip in the loaner pool for that type of discount.

1 Like

Good point, thanks for the input!

Thank you, good info to know. First time looking at demos.

Try to find out how long the new car has been on the lot, if its very new you probably won’t get as deep of a discount compared to one sitting for a while

1 Like

Going to check out the demo tomorrow but also going to check out a a new one that has the premium package. They have 3 identical white ones in stock…right now this is the offer -

$60,895 MSRP
Discount: $6,545 (10.7%)
Rebates:$3,500
Selling price $50,850

MF .00145
DAS $957
Monthly payment: $635

Do you think I can get a bigger discount?
Thanks!

I think that’s a pretty good deal on a x3 m40. Maybe shoot for 12 percent?? Compared you your offer on loaners, I’d take the new deal. I know it may be more expensive but I know what I did to the tires and brakes etc before those 1k miles go on it