BMW X2 2018 - Struggling with 1st quote

Based on their website this vehicle only has 1500 miles. I asked for a quote on another stock # as well which has under 500 miles and that quote had an even higher mileage penalty. It has taken several hours to get a response to each email which is why I asked for a quote on two different vehicles. The first one I asked for was sold while I waited a day and a half on a quote.

I’d love to close on a lease before the end of the month while the incentives are high but I don’t know if it’s going to happen.

Don’t believe what is on the website…get confirmation. They could’ve listed that car 6 months ago while leaving it in the loaner pool.

1 Like

Any quotes from other dealerships? Around here there are loads of X2’s on every lot.

I don’t think they would be trying to intentionally mislead you… BMWF would reject the contract if it showed 1,500 miles on the car and a $936 mileage penalty since the dealer can not manipulate the RV.

What does the CarFax say on the vehicle listing?

CarFax only shows they’ve had it it for sale twice since August.

It’s firmly in X6 territory and almost into M3 and 740i territory… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They actually made it to BMW Platinum Dealership Status and received multiple BMW president award lol…

Would it make more sense to call a sales manager and try to move it along since the internet sales person I’m working with is in no hurry to respond. They told me last night they would remove the addons but I’ve not received an updated quote. Or are they dragging this along because they’re trying to kill it?

I was referring to the mileage… the CarFax should show a relatively recent figure.

Let them get back to you… no need to follow-up immediately… if you speak to the manager just ask for his best number with the base MF and no add-ons and let them know they are behind a few other quotes you received or give him a number you are comfortable with. Just be very matter of fact and see what they do…if they can’t do it, walk away and thank him for trying to earn your business.

I find it really annoying that a premium brand would allow this sort of sleazy practice… of course it doesn’t affect me because I will just walk away if they insist on it, but come on, this is like a slimy used car salesman trick.

A BMW client advisor is just a sleazy used car salesman who sells BMWs instead…
Their “client” is the dealership …

While you’re waiting get more quotes, since they have a doc fee I’d shoot for another $1000 off. Confirm the mileage and MF used, build out your deal and post a calculator link. Residual adjustment will be the current miles minus 500 miles, then multiple that number by $0.25, you take that value and reduce the residual by that amount(as a % off MSRP)

They are adding the mileage adjustment to sales price, so he shouldn’t adjust the residual, right? They have 936 as a penalty, which would be consistent with 4244 miles.

No I just explained it, the residual is reduced by the $936 as a percentage of the MSRP, looks like this car has about 4200 miles on it, don’t trust what ever the website says, its usually wrong. They might be using a generic mileage too. Just notice the rest of your comment, so yeah the residual is adjusted for 4200~ miles

The carfax doesn’t have any info on miles. Their website shows 5 miles on this car. I believe I said under 500 above but I was looking at another vehicle… sorry my browser is full of open X2 tabs.

They confirmed they are using .00217 MF last night. I’ve also got an OL code that they’ll hopefully use to offset the fees.

Have you gotten other offers? This dealership seems shady with the add ins and doc fee. Shouldn’t need an OL code to offset BS in the first place.

Pick up the phone and quit emailing. If they don’t give you better quotes, find another dealer. You’re asking a lot of questions here that only the dealership can answer, unfortunately.

It’s time to walk away from this one. And yes, I do think they are being shady. I called and these vehicles have about 4,000 miles on them that aren’t disclosed anywhere. And I can’t figure out the numbers on this second quote.

It’s not that they’re shady. They just haven’t updated their listings for a while.

To any uninformed consumer, $482/mo for a BMW X2 seems like a pretty fair deal, so I’m sure they just don’t have any need to discount them further for you.

1 Like

This should be your basis for negotiating, the first quote was a joke. Say you will get back to them, but start contacting other dealers and getting competing offers.