BMW X1 sDrive 2021 - Deal review

, ,

I’m paying $572 for an X5 got it back in November 2018 and people here said the deal wasn’t that great. Amazing how things have changed!

1 Like

Thanks for he inputs! Much appreciated

According to my dealership, the incentives include preferred Customer discount plus $500 BMW loyalty rebate and $500 BME lease credit rebate

Can you clarify what you mean by “code”?

Google bmw veteran.

Use ID.me to submit to bmw. You receive an offer code from bmw you can give the dealer

Have you checked the marketplace section of CA brokers deals? They can very likely give you a much better deal. You may need to pick up the car from So CA or ship it from there.

@skyline31518 - Can you please explain why you changed my MF back to 0.00093? On my dealer’s pricing breakdown, it explicitly shows the MF = 0.00065 (See attached).

On a side note, I’ve been playing the dealers against each other, and this particular dealer is NOW willing to match another dealer’s discount and give me 10% off MSRP. However, I’ve noticed, they play games on the MF to make their $$ back. I looked at the BMW leasing (BMW Leasing Wiki) and it shows the same MF = 0.00093 that you input.

Apologies for the trivial questions, clearly i am not a math whiz. thank you!

@NewB_lessor the Base MF is 0.00093, see the screenshot below.
if you put 7 MSD, then it will auto adjust the MF to 0.00065

The MSDs make the MF 0.00065. Without them it’s 0.00093. When you use the calculator put 0.00093 and click rhe MSD option after. It will adjust automatically.

It’s a free country so waste, I mean spend, your money however you wish to but I’ll say this one more time before I exit the thread

1 Like

@skyline31518 AND @Batistuta - Thank you again! silly oversight on my part. Appreciate the quick response.

@max_g – I hear you LOUD and clear :slight_smile: My lady wants the X1 ; Not the X2, not the X3. She has test driven all 3 models and is bent on the X1. We’ve had 325, 330, and 228 previously. I have explained on multiple occasions we can get more bang for buck on X3 or X2 models. So, now i am stuck with trying to get her the best X1 deal possible fully recognizing it’s poor value for money. Given my constraints, the best i “think” i can do is try to get the lowest MSRP possible with the specs we want, with the lowest MF. Other thoughts?

See if other dealers are willing to give bigger discount, try SoCal dealers too.

Thank you again. Check out the new numbers and let me know what you think please. THANK YOU!

Looks good for the market

Agreed. the market is really rough right now.

@skyline31518 and @notaleasepro - As I understand, best lease are generally keeping 2 lowest (MF and MSRP) and 1 highest (RV) ; Given BMW won’t negotiate MF, and I have pushed to get the lowest possible MSRP, and they are not willing to budge on MF, is there anything else you would try to squeeze?

Finally, I did review all the market place deals, and reached out to several SOCAL dealers. None of them are willing to discuss MSRP better than 6-8%. thanks again for any insights.

If all the marketplace deals are this bad, then that might just be what the market is.

I’d probably try reaching out to a broker.

Your number looks good, 11%(you can try to push 12%) before incentives with base MF in NorCal is hard to get in the current market.
Do you have the fully break down screenshot?
Current market is around 6%~8% before incentives, most dealer marked up the MF to 0.00133 from 0.00093.

I know you didn’t ask this, but the X1 is just not an impressive vehicle. We had one for 3 years before our X3 and the IMO the X3 is vastly superior in just about every respect.

Not sure what the cost difference is now, but for us in 2019 it was about $45/mon more for the upgrade and it was money well spent.

If you have driven the X1 and you like it, disregard my comments.

@Speedy - totally agree. I definitely think the X3 is better ride. The lady is stuck on the X1. If you want to talk to her, let me know :)))

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.