BMW New Owner's Track Drive

PSA-
If you purchased a new BMW this year, BMW is giving you a free track day and allowing a +1, at one of their Performance Centers (South Carolina or Thermal, CA). I had no idea they were doing this, I stumbled upon it on their website back in June. When I called in to make a reservation, the reps had no idea they were doing this either.

I leased an M4 back in May from @nextlevelautobrokers and BMW gave me the track day. I attended the event earlier today. Definitely worth the trip to South Carolina.
Here’s what I drove: Z4 M40i (meh), M2 Comp, M4 Comp, M8 Comp Coupe.
Also there was an off-road component with the X5s…so much fun. Had no idea that the X5 was such an incredibly capable car off-road.

The event was from 8-10AM
-X5 Offroading (water, hills, etc)
-M Track day (Z4M40i, M2C, M4C, M8C Coupe)
-Instructor Hot Lap (M5C)

There were only four people in my session in total, so I got an insane amount of track time. Only issue is now I’m sold on the M8. Insanely powerful. I did not expect that at all.I thought the M8 would handle like a boat, similar to the previous M6. Completely not the case. Super agile and powerful.
I think they vary the cars up in the M Track Drive, because my cousin went last week and here’s what he got :Z4M40i, M2C, M4C, X5MC

11 Likes

Nice find; I wonder if this is in response to how MB gives “track days” to all new AMG owners. I only wish BMW would do this at other tracks around the USA. AMG has their track events all over the country (I attended one at Lime Rock Park, CT).

BMW is only doing this at Thermal & SC.
What’s crazy is that they’re giving this to anyone buying/leasing a BMW this year, not just people buying M cars. I think some people have gotten invites to M Track Days that are held at various tracks throughout the US.

1 Like

Do you have the link for the New Owners track drive?

Scroll all the way to the bottom. I literally stumbled upon it & called them, and they set me up.

It looks like it is just the Performance Center delivery minus the factory/museum tour. I am doing that in October anyways since I was originally going to pick up my M4 at the performance center in SC.

“The program itself consists of a Performance Drive on track (lapping in multiple BMW models), an off-road excursion in an X-vehicle, a Hot Lap with a pro driver, and an elective wrap-up Q&A session with a BMW expert.”

1 Like

Actually, they let us in the museum cause someone was doing a delivery.
Definitely am going to be doing PCDs going forwards.

Make sure you sign up for BMW CCA so you get the post sale rebate and their museum is next door to the performance center. Think it admission is half off if you are a CCA member.

Great point and just a reminder - you need to be a member for at least 6 months to be eligible for the rebate as of this year, so make sure to plan ahead!

1 Like

Nice find. This reminds me that I still haven’t received my M voucher for the M8 but have a previous one for another car. Planning to take the Mrs. so she can avail her on her own. Hopefully they don’t have any issues for using two at the same time.

1 Like

Dravit Grey it is ! lol
How were the exhaust notes? One thing I feel BMW deliberately toned the exhaust too low on the regular M8s…

1 Like

I am a CCA member. Wasn’t one at least 6 months before buying this car though. Great point. BTW CCA Museum gives no discount for CCA members…the ticket is $12. Which is not bad.

The car I had to drive was an M8 Competition actually. Definitely not complaining about the exhaust :joy:
Everything is perfect about it.

Is this transferable at all? If the owner calls and registers me?

They used to discount it but $12 is still cheap.

Do you know if this applies to loaner leases as well?

Worth a shot, call the 888 number and tell em you got a new BMW, since technically you are the first owner. There’s a 99% shot they might sign you up. Let us know what happens.

2 Likes

I used the vin from my (749 mile) executive demo vehicle; no issues!

2 Likes

I received something similar when I bought my M3 a few years ago. I was able to upgrade it to one day M School at a reasonable additional cost. It was worth it to me since I already did PCD before. Worth asking about if you were thinking of doing M School anyway. I highly recommend it.

Actually that won’t be possible under this program, as it is completely separate.
look under the 3rd bullet point of “What’s the cost of the program” it specifies it cant be used as a credit towards other programs.