BMW New Owner's Track Drive

Oh well, still looks like a lot of fun!

The +1 is also free?

yeah, the plus 1 is free. They get to do the same amount of driving.

Can we close and delete this thread asap?
This will be canceled by the end of the week due to LH overbookings. :rofl:

4 Likes

haha very funny. before someone actually closes it, let’s keep it open for questions/input

A lot of LHers purchased 2020 BMWs from here, and no one apparently knew about since bimmerpost just a ran a news article on this today. BMW PDS is about to get slammed with inquiries.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I signed for my wife and I. We will be driving from GA next week. Not sure how I feel about driving 3 hours to take this 2 hour course starting at 8AM, but it will be our first time driving on a track and we’ve been home the past 6 months… FWIW, I leased a new BMW 330ix last month (car built in 2020/06). I did not get an email invitation. I called and registered without issue though. I’m really excited to try the M8 GC!

It is a worthwhile experience. I would caution you to not expect to be driving the M8GC Comp.
They switch the cars around session to session. My cousin went two weeks before me and he drove the Z4M40i, M2C, M4C, and X5MC.
I drove the Z4M40i, M2C, M4C, and M8 Competition Coupe, not gran coupe.

It is still an extremely enjoyable experience. The M2C and M4C are a lot fun to drive on the track.
I was actually in NC visiting family, and I drove from there. Left at around 5AM, the drive was 2hr 45 mins.

Not bad at all, there was barely any traffic at that time.

2 Likes