It says in the bottom right that:

EXCLUSIONS

• New vehicles over 1,000 miles
  • Not combinable with the Corporate Sales/Fleet Program
  • The i3 Rex and Bev are no longer included in this program
  • Already active pre-owned vehicles not re-enrolled in the CPO program

THANK YOU!!

I missed that. :wink:

So, Iā€™m starting my search for a new 2019 X3 sDrive30i and I see talk of 10% off MSRP deals or greater. For example, I found this on another forum:

X3 xDrive 30i
Terms 36 Months 10K Miles
MSRP $59090
Selling Price $53390

Then they start adding incentives and dropping it down further.

I see invoice at 6% so how is the dealer able to add another 3%, 4% or more off? Is there factory support? Are they taking a loss to reach a sales goal, etcā€¦

Right now a have an offer that is $725 over invoice. Can I do better? I know about hold back, etcā€¦ but Iā€™m seeing deep discounts mentioned online that are way below invoice.

Is it really realistic to ask for 9%, 10% or more off? I just donā€™t see any ā€œmeat on the boneā€ left for the dealer on that low of a deal.

Thanks.

There really isnā€™t meat at that point. Itā€™s more a question of how much a dealer is willing to bleed to earn your business. And what kind of reputation the dealer and Client Advisor has.

I will save you thousands more than what youā€™re being offered now. Plus Iā€™ve got 32 X3 sDrive30i to choose from. Please click this link and let me know what car you want. I will reach out to to you tomorrow so that we can wrap this up quickly and easily.

1 Like

Well thereā€™s a point where itā€™s not so much about them as much as it is about you.

On true loser deals like my recent ones I usually make it a point to subtly ask my salesperson where they like to eat, drink or play and after any delivery issues are sorted (if any), Iā€™ll write a good review and tactfully slip them a $100 gift card or similar token of appreciation.

Iā€™ve found that gestures like that make your salesperson eager to work with you again in the future. I follow a similar routine with my service writers when they work a good turn for me (smaller gift, mind you) but itā€™s just good practice.

3 Likes

This is so true and let me tell you that those little unsolicited gestures are highly appreciated and remembered! Usually all we hear is ā€œgive me moreā€ for days on end with barely a thank you when we make the deal, and prep everything in advance or possibly even deliver a car to a clientā€™s home, So I can tell you that when Iā€™ve received a gift card or Amazon credit (once I even got tickets to a show), it makes a huge impact and lets us know that you actually do appreciate all the time and patience and effort that is required to make a good deal great.

Thank you @Electric on behalf of all salespeople for being one of those types of buyers and as always, thank you to all my clients that have found me here and shown your appreciation (even if ya didnā€™t give me a gift) :wink:

4 Likes

May have something cooking on one of my recent picks, if it pans out I may be on the hunt for a G20 loaner (330i or xi), anyone think 18% out of line to aim for (Iā€™d offer 20% initially and see what kicks back)

Is there anyway to get in on this in Florida?

@Electric I donā€™t understand why the impression with BMW is that they are willing to go deeper in discounts than any other brand. I think @BMW_Dave said that thereā€™s 6% in these carsā€¦ even a loaner wouldnā€™t be worth 3x less than that? Seems like the brand value is getting wrecked.

This is certainly trueā€¦and a little sad.

@Electric you may be hunting for quite some time. Think about this for a minuteā€¦if an outgoing 2018 3er loaner (which has had the same tired body style for 6 years!) ranges from 15-20% depending on how much time you spend fighting and how lucky you are to find the most aged, most heavily depreciated carā€¦what in the world would justify the same kind of deal on a brand-new redesigned 3 Series which is by far the best in class?

Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™d love for you to get a great deal. But we need to remember to keep it realistic and understand that thereā€™s more to value than whether it has 15 miles or 4500 miles on it. This might put it in perspectiveā€¦if we discounted a 2019 3 Series loaner 15% now, only two months after it was released, what would they go for in 4 years? 30% off? You see what I mean?

2 Likes

Understandable, but if itā€™s possible to come in at 91-93% MSRP for a new car on an aggressive deal, Surely 1.5-2% per 1,000 mi canā€™t be that far off for a total of 13-17% on a retired loaner.

Iā€™m aware Iā€™d have to grind hard for the deeper end of it.

Possibly. I like the way you give a 4% range though. I canā€™t tell you how many people I hear say no to 16% off on a loaner ONLY because this forum has groomed people to think that if a loaner doesnā€™t have a 20% discount, itā€™s the same as MSRP. :laughing: Seriously though. Not even playing.

And it would be nice if people also adhered to a mileage rule like the one you mentionedā€¦

Because again, the false information spread here makes people think that as long as the car has a ā€œretired loanerā€ status, it doesnā€™t matter if it has 1100 miles or 4999 milesā€¦itā€™s still not hack-worthy for anything less than 20% off.

3 Likes

You do get monthly depreciation on loaners from BMW, right? So I guess it could be around 1%/mo. I think that is what he was getting at. If you had a loaner for 5 months it would technically give you extra $2,500. But I may be totally off here, just heard this about Volvo.

I have no idea if BMW subsidizes loaners or by how much.

Ok, thanks. May be totally different structure. From what I understand BMW loaners donā€™t even need to hit certain mileage to be sold.

I canā€™t say for certain, but I donā€™t think thereā€™s a mileage threshold that needs hit before it can be sold. Weā€™ve seen a few demos under 1k from the roundel. GM has to hit a time/mileage limit once punched, I do know that. Although thatā€™s off-topic.

Yep, I saw loaners with 1,500, 2k or 3k miles available. And also being for only 3 months in loaner fleet. Volvo also needs to hit time/mileage target to be eligible for loaner rebate.

Last year or so, BMW clamped down on dealers putting cars into loaner status for one day which allowed customers to get the reduced finance rate afforded to loaners.

1 Like

My dealer appears to be cycling them in between 2-4K miles to stay safe. Occasionally though it appears they get some come back with over 5K which Iā€™m sure they get mighty miffed about.

Pretty sure they have to do 90 days in service before being retired. Sometimes we intentionally keep some in service beyond the 5k mark. They still make for great purchases, especially since the financing rates with BMW FS are better on loaners than on new cars.

2 Likes