BMW MSD Program Being Discontinued

Their main focus is China and Europe where their seeing record sales.

Is it true that MSD program is back .5 per xtra sd?

Back for current holder of MSD. Basically if youā€™re driving one of your lease and you have MSD, you can get a new lease w/ MSD. ā€œGrandfather inā€ they call it.

@iKevyn where did you find this information? Is there a link you can share?

@305Hackr http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375381

It has been spoken through out this forum at random post but if I find it Iā€™ll link you.

I havenā€™t come across this yet, but if you have one BMW with MSDs on it and want to get another before the first is due, are you allowed to then use additional MSDs on it?

I read this only applies to certain east coast regions

So far I havenā€™t seen anyone w/ old MSD lease post a new lease w/ the new MSD yet. Currently waiting to see if itā€™s true. Best to call bmwf and ask honestly.

we need confirmation on this. This could be a game changer for those of us currently using MSDs

It sure can be. Since I donā€™t qualify for any msd. Im thinking about assuming a short term lease w/ MSD so I can get grandfather in.

@iKevyn who knows if it means ā€œgrandfathered in for lifeā€. I donā€™t even think you could assume a car during last 6 mo of lease so your ā€œshort term leaseā€ would be at a very minimum 6 mo.

where did you read that?

@iKevyn the bummer post link you provided hasnā€™t had any post since June and no mention of MSDs grandfathered in (or Iā€™m blind)

The link was for its being discontinued which I assumed youā€™re already knew that.

For the grandfather in discussion is in this leasehackr forum. I canā€™t seem to the post yet. Someone in here has the link to bimmer post about MSD coming back for old MSD holder. Since no one has done it yet, I wouldnā€™t hold my breath till someone can confirmed they re-lease w/ new MSD.

i contacted BMWFSā€¦as expected, they have no clue.
I was told that MSDs are handled on the dealership level and that information is only available through the dealership.

this is the only online discussion about this i found but no official source

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151809

Itā€™s been confirmed on Bimmerfest by members and client advisors

And my colleague used it on his recent deal for another X5 while simultaneously returning the old X5. Tristate region.

nj dealer confirmed thatā€™s itā€™s available for customers with current msd lease

The lease on my 2015 428i was eligible for the pull ahead program (3 months waived) and had max MSDā€™s being held by BMWNA ($3,150). I leased a 2017 m240i and took advantage of the 3 month pull ahead. I rolled the MSDā€™s into my new lease at a .0005 reduction per MSD, totalling a .0035 reduction. I leased my new vehicle from Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ. The MSD program is 100% back in a reduced and limited form. This was about 2 weeks ago. Some CAā€™s in other parts of the country are stating it isnā€™t back and that this information is incorrect, however, they are wrong.

1 Like