BMW MSD Program Being Discontinued

Same.
No msd and electric numb steering, etc. is pushing me out

Iā€™m paying 648 for a 70k 535 with msd and for the G30 Iā€™m looking at nearly 800. Quite upset that Bmw ended this.

$445 for 75k 550i.

I blame @loberant for killing the MSD! He made it too accessible to the masses!

@Phantomcypher youā€™re paying $445 for a 550i?

When was that deal done? Somehow i missed this, thatā€™s a crazy price!

June 2015 so Iā€™m at the end of my lease in a month :frowning:

@Phantomcypher thatā€™s one hell of a score for a 550i.

You getting another BMW before the MSD program ends?

I donā€™t know if I want another BMW after leasing 6 of them straight in the last 4 years.

Suggestions on one?

So far I have leased:
1 series
M6
X5M
335i GT
550i GT
i3

@Phantomcypher
I hear you on wanting something else after 6 BMWs.

I donā€™t know how well they lease but Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is a really fun car thatā€™s also practical.
Then again, you already had an X5Mā€¦hmmmā€¦tough oneā€¦

Thatā€™s the deal breaker for @Phantomcypher :slight_smile:

Maybe itā€™s because Iā€™m young, but after driving my 550i for the last few months, weather or not the deals are still good or not, I will likely be getting another one because I have fallen in love with the car.

@willwar14
whatā€™s your payment on the 550i?

The incoming 2018 M550 Xi is a beast, BTW!

Easy peasy. i8 next. 20 chars

@willwar14 deal is somewhere in this forum ā€¦ $545/mo I think

i8 ā€¦ 20 chars

Honest question. How is BMW going to compete with no MSDs? As I understand, the lack of MSDs is going to raise the monthly of BMW leases by at least 10-15%. So while you can lease a solid MB or Lexus for $500/month, that MSRP BMW will be roughly $75 more a month. Seems to make no sense to me.

How many customers really take advantage of the MSDs? Maybe 5% or less of their customers, if that? Even some folks on here donā€™t do it for some reason.

I agree with @Jon, most people donā€™t know about MSDs, the dealerships donā€™t really promote it and most sales people donā€™t even know what it is

So predictable, guys. Alfa Quadrifoglio is the way to go for Phantom :point_up_2:

1 Like

I think itā€™s pretty clear - lower MF to start with. Very small % uses MSD anyway. My friend at a major MB dealer just doesnā€™t do MSD.