BMW MSD Program Being Discontinued

we need confirmation on this. This could be a game changer for those of us currently using MSDs

It sure can be. Since I don’t qualify for any msd. Im thinking about assuming a short term lease w/ MSD so I can get grandfather in.

@iKevyn who knows if it means “grandfathered in for life”. I don’t even think you could assume a car during last 6 mo of lease so your “short term lease” would be at a very minimum 6 mo.

where did you read that?

@iKevyn the bummer post link you provided hasn’t had any post since June and no mention of MSDs grandfathered in (or I’m blind)

The link was for its being discontinued which I assumed you’re already knew that.

For the grandfather in discussion is in this leasehackr forum. I can’t seem to the post yet. Someone in here has the link to bimmer post about MSD coming back for old MSD holder. Since no one has done it yet, I wouldn’t hold my breath till someone can confirmed they re-lease w/ new MSD.

i contacted BMWFS…as expected, they have no clue.
I was told that MSDs are handled on the dealership level and that information is only available through the dealership.

this is the only online discussion about this i found but no official source

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1151809

It’s been confirmed on Bimmerfest by members and client advisors

And my colleague used it on his recent deal for another X5 while simultaneously returning the old X5. Tristate region.

nj dealer confirmed that’s it’s available for customers with current msd lease

The lease on my 2015 428i was eligible for the pull ahead program (3 months waived) and had max MSD’s being held by BMWNA ($3,150). I leased a 2017 m240i and took advantage of the 3 month pull ahead. I rolled the MSD’s into my new lease at a .0005 reduction per MSD, totalling a .0035 reduction. I leased my new vehicle from Open Road BMW in Edison, NJ. The MSD program is 100% back in a reduced and limited form. This was about 2 weeks ago. Some CA’s in other parts of the country are stating it isn’t back and that this information is incorrect, however, they are wrong.

1 Like

But you were only eligible because you previously used MSDs, right?

Yes and from everything I have read it’s only for certain east coast regions

Yes, that is correct. You must have MSDs currently being held by BMWNA.

1 Like

Hit a snag today. I have msd on my current lease but dealer said I must turn in lease to use msd again. Have too many months left so thats not a option.

That is unfortunate, although it makes me feel somewhat better about not just throwing 1MSD on my last lease to be eligible to use it again. My current lease is 24 months, so there wasn’t as much as a payback on putting down the MSD so ultimately I decided not to. I’ve been kicking myself in the butt for not using it as we’re looking at a replacement for my wife’s car and I keep seeing the monthly rent charge and want to move it down with MSDs.

Were you able to increase that MSD this time around or you can only use whatever you already have with them as MSD?

Yes, I contributed $700 more this time since my payment was $100 more.

1 Like

Bummer the MSD is worse now than 3 years ago (only 0.00005 vs 0.00007 before). That is if you can even get it at all. Add to that worse MF and RV and BMW leases are not what they used to be as I’m finding out the hard way :frowning: