BMW MSD Program Being Discontinued

What a Bummmmmmmmmmer

NOOOOOO QUICK - GET THAT I8!!! :anguished:

Perhaps they are putting profitability over volume.

Oh well, there goes my dream of leasing an M5… :disappointed:

They raised the MF to .00146

there’s only so much losses BMW can sustain in the long term… i mean they’ve been giving cars away compared to the competition. I do however think it will influence my decision for a car in the future. MSDs were a HUGE draw, i remember when BMW used to take 10 MSDs. Im super disappointed to hear this.

The volume they have been doing with MSDs is small enough so they can afford to cut the program and not see a real hit in total sales. With the fed increasing rates, their cost of funds goes up so I would have expected them to just limit the number of MSDs allowed instead of cutting it altogether.

Why reduce the number of MSDs when you can just rip the bandage off in one fell-swoop?

You generate half the amount of outrage if you do it once instead of doing it twice…

Most of BMW’s sales people don’t even know what an MSD is so i agree with @RVguy that there’s not a lot of volume being done to begin with. Which is why i don’t understand why they don’t just continue it. It doesn’t exactly help retain customers when other companies like Lexus allow it.

I’m not sure if they were just playing stupid, but a couple of the sales consultants I spoke with at various BMW dealerships asked me to explain what MSD were, as if they had never heard of them before.

@Lubes they haven’t…a sales person’s job isn’t to try to promote financial tools to make your car cheaper.

2 Likes

Well with BMW drifting further and further away from being the “ultimate driving machine” and now this, my shadow won’t be darkening a BMW showroom anytime soon.

1 Like

Same.
No msd and electric numb steering, etc. is pushing me out

I’m paying 648 for a 70k 535 with msd and for the G30 I’m looking at nearly 800. Quite upset that Bmw ended this.

$445 for 75k 550i.

I blame @loberant for killing the MSD! He made it too accessible to the masses!

@Phantomcypher you’re paying $445 for a 550i?

When was that deal done? Somehow i missed this, that’s a crazy price!

June 2015 so I’m at the end of my lease in a month :frowning:

@Phantomcypher that’s one hell of a score for a 550i.

You getting another BMW before the MSD program ends?

I don’t know if I want another BMW after leasing 6 of them straight in the last 4 years.

Suggestions on one?

So far I have leased:
1 series
M6
X5M
335i GT
550i GT
i3

@Phantomcypher
I hear you on wanting something else after 6 BMWs.

I don’t know how well they lease but Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is a really fun car that’s also practical.
Then again, you already had an X5M…hmmm…tough one…