Bmw m440 deal check

Hey guys !

I wanted to check on a deal I am about to sign on in Houston TX
It’s an M440i lease for 3/36k with MSRP of 67,325 with $4000 down, payment was 690 including all taxes and fees.

Please let me know if it’s a good deal to go with or not.
Also, does BMW have tax credits in Texas now ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Nope on the $4k down.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, is it because of the kind of deal going on right now or just personal opinion ?

I would read leasing 101 available on this site. Explains not only why a Down payment is discouraged (you would loose it in case the car is totaled), but also more importantly how to navigate the leasing process towards a good deal.

You can also search the forums for other deals on M340i which you can use as a basis for your own deal.

Oh I understand that, the $4k was towards my fees and taxes but that’s about it.

Send me the worksheet to look over.

For the sticker the payment does not sound that far fetched but maybe there is room for improvement.

There are current not any tax credits unless doing one pay (or upgrade to an 8 series)

2 Likes

TX tax can add to the upfront fees, payments seems great for a new model. Hard to judge the deal because more info would be needed such as pre-incentive discount? Base MF? If you’re getting 9%+ off MSRP plus base MF it’d be a good deal based on what I’ve seen for this new m440i.

2 Likes

M3/4 money for what is basically a rebadged 335i coupe? No thanks

Hard to tell how much the “deal” can improve on such a new model but even with a bigger discount you’ll be paying to play.

You’ll be the first on your block for a little while but they’ll become ubiquitous before you know it.

Yeah you don’t need the details to determine that an affective $800/mo payment on a 4 series is completely nuts.

2 Likes

Sounds like somebody’s a little bit jealous to me, if somebody is on to pay $800 a month and the car is worth it to them that’s how much it costs, Not every car is going to have a great deal, for example I just ordered a convertible and the payments going to be about that a little bit more, because there’s no deals on it and it was very difficult to get an allocation so there’s a lot of factors that impact the price but as long as you could afford the price and I’m very comfortable with $1000 car payment per month and it’s worth it to me, that’s what matters if you’re comfortable with the payment and you think it’s worth it and you could afford it nothing else matters

Sounds like you’re trying to rationalize a poor value proposition to me.

Being able to afford something and choosing to pay a lot for it are very different things. No one here is going to be jealous about over paying for a vehicle.

11 Likes

I see a lot of negative comments to people, but not every deal is straightforward not every deal was the same, if you’re getting a car that is brand new you’re going to pay more and you’re not gonna get the typical 10% off that doesn’t apply to every single deal, and there’s a point in time where you shop around and you’re satisfied with the amount it’s a fact and reality that for example if you’re buying a car that $72,000 and you put no money down no multiple security deposits, and you are at .00086 money factor and you have a 6% sales tax your payment is going to be over $800 that’s just a reality. You might be able to get 10% off a car off of a lot but you’re not gonna get 10% on a car that’s not even here in the country yet

Exactly. It’s a poor value proposition. You’re choosing to over pay compared to the competition to be an early adopter. That’s the whole point.

Use whatever rationale you like but people here will tell like it is if your deal is poor. It’s your money so do as you please but don’t expect others to encourage you overpaying.

I feel like this is a common response to Matt, Chris or max who judge the deal and value as being bad.

1 Like

If you’ve made up your mind, that’s fine. No one is invested in making you change it.

However: You’re not the OP who posted in a feedback-seeking forum. You don’t get to attack people for posting their opinion or basically behave like your opinion is the only one that’s valid.

1 Like

Plus OP did come on to ask “is it a good deal”?
He didn’t come on to ask - should I spend my hard earned money on this car?
This site is for judging deals financially, of course there is the non rational side of the brain but that’s up to the buyer only. One man’s 440 is another man’s X7, to each his own! But in terms of the deal, you are paying a premium to have the newest car. If that is how one wishes to spend his/her money, then buy all means!

Okay folks.

I’m going to put this one down for good. For Texas, assuming it’s $4,000 DAS and not $4,000 CCR this is actually a great deal. (I’m not saying I would personally take this deal, but this is as good as it’s going to get ATM…)

I’m aware there is a disagree with the LH calc despite the numbers being fundamentally the same

6 Likes

Guys thanks for all the replies, there was no need for negativity. I asked if it was a good deal and overall it wasn’t.

Thanks again !

Given the times, I think it’s a good deal for the vehicle, it’s just a very poor value for the dollar.

11 Likes