BMW 2021 M440i lease hacking

Hi guys I could really use some help,

This is for the Southern California area.
I have been reading posts and seeing people who have received great lease deals. I had a lease in 2018 and didn’t get a good deal.

I am interested in leasing a 2021 BMW M440i Xdrive.
The MSRP is: $66,970.00
The VIN is WBA13AR04MCG33416
I would like 15,000 miles a year for 36 months.
Zero down (or very minimal down)

I currently have a loan not a lease on a 2018 BMW 440i gran coupe. My loan payoff amount is $31,915.74.

My goal is to have the BMW dealer payoff my loan and get me into the 36 month lease at the best price per month possible. What do you think I should ask for?

The dealer gave me some figures and I feel like it’s not the best deal. They said final offer is $29,500.00 towards my payoff loan of the $31,915.74 owed. $5,000 down with 15,000 miles per year for $789 per month.

Any suggestions or figures would be greatly appreciated. I’ve already checked Edmunds and worked figures on lease calculators. I just want to know what’s considered fair for this lease. Thanks so much.

For starters, read this thread: Bmw m440 deal check.

Get some quotes for your 440i from Carvana, Vroom etc. How many miles does it have? You might want to keep it for at least another.

Which one of these is a typo?

1 Like

You’re also not going to get a great deal now. Good… maybe

Separate the transactions or you’re going to be super turned around when the dealer starts moving numbers. And don’t payment shop…

How does your deal compare to others on LH and the Marketplace? You’ll have to do a bit of legwork on this, and M440’s seem to be coming up quite a lot… all this demand is just going to drive prices up

Thank you for pointing this out. The total suggested retail from the dealer is $66,970.00. Sorry about that.

This doesn’t make sense. Are you saying the dealer is advertising the vehicle with an $8470 mark up and then discounting it to several thousand off msrp to get to your lease numbers?

What is the actual selling price here?

Thank you, I will definitely check out those companies. My current 2018 BMW has 31,412 miles. I wanted to sell it before my Mechanical Warranty expires. I have the option to renew that warranty January 2022. I figured it wouldn’t make sense putting more money into the car and would be a good time to get a new one.

They said the actual selling price is $66,970.00 due to all of the packages.

So what’s the actual msrp then? It would have the packages factored in…

The lease price you’ve posted is not anywhere near the realm of possibility for a deal that’s marked up $8500 over msrp and has $2500 in negative equity rolled into it.

I sent an image of the window sticker for the car.

Ok, so the msrp is $66970. What is the sales price?

Text me, 818-434-8063.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter what the sales price is. If your goal is to get a good lease deal, it’s not going to happen on an m440 right now and it’s certainly not going to happen with you rolling thousands of dollars worth of negative equity into it.

If your goal is a good deal, you need to walk away from this, and spend a while learning the fundamentals of leasing while paying down your current vehicle before thinking of talking to a dealer again. If you find yourself in the future with a dealer offer in hand, asking if it’s a good deal or not, you need to step back and spend more time doing research. Going into the dealer conversation unprepared is setting you up for failure.

1 Like

The sales price is the $66,970.00 that’s what they are asking for the car.

Your lease numbers do not look realistic for a full msrp deal with $2500 in negative equity based on other m440 offers that have come through here recently. If you run a calculator on this vehicle, given the current program information you got from edmunds, at full msrp with $2500 in negative equity, do you get numbers anywhere near what they’re quoting you here?

1 Like

I ran the numbers several ways with the Edmunds lease calculator. In order to come up with the price they offered with the exact downpayment and add the negative equity, the dealer must be putting $3,300 towards cash incentives. I’m going to research all of the current BMW incentives. Thank you for your help.

The edmunds lease calculator is often missing fees, etc, so be careful using it.

The dealer doesn’t put money towards incentives. The manufacturer does. In this case, there should be $1500 in lease cash and $500 loyalty.

The dealer can offer a discount with a selling price lower than the msrp. You need to determine what the selling price in your dealer offer here to evaluate the offer.

1 Like

I see, thank you for clarifying this for me. You’ve been so helpful.

Happy to help. The most important part of getting a good lease deal is being prepared and understanding where you’re trying to get to. That often means doing your homework before talking to dealers to set yourself up for success, so I always encourage people to take a few steps back in the process and work out the fundamentals.