BMW M340 - Custom order questions

Where are these dealers? In the market and probably will have to order!

Philly suburbs. Iā€™ve been able to replicate this at 3 dealerships so far.

I am in FL and about to start the fun of car shopping

how can find out if they actually run my credit or not? I did fill a credit app form and send back to dealer.

Credit Karma maybe. It should be a hard credit pull, so it should show up in there.

The writing you quoted is crystal clear. Your car is therefore not eligible for OL

1 Like

It shows no hard pull, but I wonder if it is in real time.

all CAs I have checked say it can be applied as long as it hasnā€™t expired.

From searching here and on bimmerfest, it may be possible, but depends on how willing the dealer is to work with us. It seems the applicability of the OL code on a new build depends on how the dealer classifies the ordered vehicle. The suggestion is to have them remove the customerā€™s name off the order, and have it switched to the dealerā€™s stock. When it arrives, we just get it off the lot.

1 Like

That only addresses one aspect of eligibility. It doesnā€™t change the fact that yours is MY20 and the OL is only valid for MY 18 and 19

1 Like

I donā€™t doubt your correctness, but a man can dream!

Keep loaner for longer for more free miles of course.

Another update.

Dealer finally placed the order, and made me fill out a credit app, which their finance person will submit to BMW FS sometime this month to lock in incentives.

My salesman is actually telling me to get another OL code, in case the delivery runs into July. So maybe he also has reason to believe they can apply them.

Interestingly, it seems like they want to take in my car as a trade, with no effect on my payments. Except a charge for a dent on my rear bumper and quarter panel, possibly two tires (but likely not). If Iā€™m understanding this correctly, I may not have to go through a lease return and instead have a dealer appraisal on my 20-6 340, but some stuff was left up in the air.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation?

I explored trading my MY16 F30 328 lease in early for the MY20 G20 M340.

The real issue is that the lease residual values for the F30ā€™s are a lot higher than the actual market value of the vehicle (which is why residual values for BMW leases lately have been lower than they have in the past). This means the dealer would take a bath in loss due to the negative equity, and so that loss would have been rolled into my new lease and made my monthly payments higher in the new one.

Therefore, my only comment is that you should ensure that by trading up early, you arenā€™t suffering with a higher monthly payment. Sometimes it pays to be patient, but perhaps your dealer is willing to eat a loss in order to move a new vehicle slot.

Or maybe the residuals BMW has used in the past were artificially high. That canā€™t continue forever.

They are STILL artificially high, even being lower than they were a couple years ago.

1 Like

Seems that way. Enjoy your BMW deals, hackrs, this gravy train will be over soon. Look at comparable audi/mb leases.

Depends on how BMW wants to operateā€¦lower profits but higher volume vs higher profits and lower volume. Theyā€™ve been reaching for the former based on their artificially high RVs over the last few years, even while reigning them in a bit.

Yea. Either way itā€™s being corrected.

RVā€™s are mostly where they need to be. Keep in mind that while itā€™s possible to lease these cars as cheaply as many similarly fitted domestics, most folk donā€™t get the deals we get.