BMW M340 - Custom order questions

Keyword is blind.

Walk in informed and you’ll quickly get a feel for what type of business you’re dealing with.

3 Likes

I’m still learning a lot from this forum.
There’s a lot I could do differently.
I’m not sure how much better the outcome would have been in this case, but I can see not walking in being a lot less stressful.

1 Like

Anything’s possible but it’s a terribly inefficient use of my time.

2 Likes

Even if there on a test drive? Could be worth a look when you’ve already got some quotes to compare to and or a target price.

Is 12% really possible on a custom build this time of year? I tried to get 12% off an i3s custom build and people on the forum gave me an attitude about wanting an inventory discount on a custom car. Not my fault the in-stock selection is extremely limited. I did see around 12% towards the end of last year though, now it’s closer to invoice.

1 Like

Anything is possible with the right motivation.

I’m very motivated.

Then you’re on your way to a great deal.

1 Like

Haha you nailed it!

There’s also the classic “we are already losing money on this” and the “go and buy it from there then”

1 Like

“If it’s not a good buy, goodbye!”

This! I can email 100 dealerships in the time it takes me to visit one.

Just put a $1000 deposit down. Dealer just placed an order based on spec. No financing completed yet, no credit checks yet, planning to visit dealer tomorrow for what I’m guessing is a buy-out pre-inspection of my current BMW lease that expires in mid-August.

Some questions:

1. When do the MF, incentives (loyalty, lease cash), OL code get locked in? At the time of financing (possibly tomorrow)?

2. Delivery is expected in late June. If the June incentives and MF is better, would I be able to switch over to them? If it’s worse, can I stick with the ones from May?

3. OL code expires at the end of June. Dealer hasn’t looked at it yet. I’m concerned that language says “valid on eligible 2018 and 2019 vehicles in dealer stock… valid until June 30, 2019”. Well, this is a 2020 vehicle, and is not in dealer stock yet, and there’s a non-zero chance late June might become July delivery. How does this work?

Appreciate any input I can get.

Why would you put a deposit down on a vehicle order that you haven’t even reviewed the deal financials of? Hopefully that 1K is refundable in the event the financials don’t work the way you were expecting, since you somewhat gave up leverage in the process.

1. Locked in when your credit is run. You can keep those rates for 2 months, or take the monthly program rates of the month you take delivery. Note you can negotiate the MF down to base, and want to ensure you are getting all available incentives.
  2. Yes, see response to 1.
  3. Unsure on this. I’d contact your dealer to confirm.

The OL code probably won’t be applicable, since your vehicle 1. Wasn’t in dealer stock and 2. Is a 2020

Very helpful, thank you.
I’m hoping June incentives improve!
I have already confirmed financials, have the negotiated numbers in writing. It’s just that they haven’t run my credit yet.
I’m hoping it’s refundable too, there was nothing signed for it, so I doubt they can hold me to a non-refundable clause.

Yeah, that’s my concern exactly.
Do you know how the eligibility is officially confirmed? Is the OL code used at the time of financing with BMW FS? Is that when we find out if it gets approved or rejected?

My car is already in production. No deposit from my CC yet. Not sure if the credit has been run.

I see a pending charge on my credit card (I used the dealership’s online payment form).
But they haven’t asked me for a credit application yet.

If you haven’t filled out a credit app with BMWFS, then the program isn’t locked in. There is still 3 weeks in May though, so maybe the dealer will ask you to fill it out later.

That’s a risky move. I know this isn’t Tesla we’re talking about here, but what if the car comes damaged or with the wrong options, or something else. Personally, I wouldn’t do it, but to each their own.