BMW M Track Days

This looks like so much fun. Enjoy and post pics!

Yup your friend was among the lucky few. I wish BMW gave me a free M track day…I’ve bought multiple M cars. Maybe I need to complain more.

1 Like

For anybody who is interested in checking out the track in a safe way, consider SCCA Track night in america. They run them all over the country, they are evening events (you have to bring your own car) and it’s 3 sessions (so 1 hour of total track time) and the cost is typically around $150. Hagerty insurance has a $25 off coupon and they have insurance which is less expensive for those days.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/
discount information: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/articles/2013498-track-night-registration-opening-tomorrow

1 Like

One issue, track insurance is like $600 for me on one of those events…

Haggerty offers discounts for TNIA events. As an example, I did a quick quote my 2018 Audi S4 based on the lease payoff. I am at $243 for a normal track day at a place like blackhawk farms. A TNIA event goes down to $170.

For my Corvette (C6) it goes from $155 to $109.

check out Hagerty insurance for TNIA because it’s the only one that gives you that discount.

Are you sure it wasn’t the M Drivers Package? The M Drivers package includes the track day plus a raised top speed. It is a $2500 package. I haven’t heard of anyone getting a M car other than a CS and having it include a track day for free.

1 Like

It’s one of my favorite days of the years.

And the plot thickens… G80 M3? G82 M4? :thinking:

1 Like

Unfortunately, in reading the fine print this morning before setting off for Monticello, I found out that I’m not eligible to attend. I wish they’d posted the same set of guidelines during the sign up process as well, but hey, things are changing fast these days and I’m sure they’re doing their best to keep up with them.

Hope anyone else who ends up going has fun and can let us know what that mystery M car is… I’m still betting on the M3, especially after reading about the MetLife half day folks this past weekend.

Why not? What fine print?

I was briefly hospitalized back in Mar/Apr with C19 back when they were doing that to err on the cautious side, and even though I’m consistently negative right now, that’s literally the first question they’re asking. I wish they’d thought to make it an active infection check, or at least had some leeway for people who have recovered, but at the same time, I’m not going to fight it when it’s something that’s being done for others’ safety. Just sucks to miss out on something I was really really looking forward to… and the 995, lol. Sigh. Maybe in the future.

I don’t get it, if you tested positive even once… you cant attend?
Also will they be refunding you?
If they changed the guidelines on you, you deserve a refund.

Apparently. I called and confirmed as well. I really don’t think that’s right or fair, but they’re a private business and are allowed to do what they wish, so can’t say much.

They took my feedback down, but there’s a pretty clear no refunds policy. I suppose I could go down the Amex chargeback route if I really wanted to push the change in terms, but I did know about the no refunds policy when I signed up, so I’m going back and forth.

May just write it off as an expensive mistake and keep dreaming of my X5MC to keep my mind off of things and the fact that I just blew away a month’s rent for naught. 🤦

Nah. Call AmEx. Vague policies surrounding Covid-19 aren’t anybody’s fault.
Also- It’s not like the event is sold out. If it was they could argue that you took someone else’s seat. They have plenty of open slots.

It doesn’t hurt to call AmEx and explain your side of the story. Worst come to worst they won’t side with you and the $1k charge will stick as it is. Best case scenario you get the money back.

BMW should at least offer you a voucher for next year’s M Track Days.
You knew about the no refunds policy, you did not know about the policy that even if you have tested + for CoVid-19 6 months back, you are still not eligible to attend. I think there should have been more clarity regarding that policy.

1 Like

Bs policy imo.

If you have Clear and consistent negative tests, and antibody testing done you shouldn’t be excluded from an event like this.

Assuming they will be enforcing proper social distancing, this should ensure it isn’t spread among the guests.

2 Likes

This definitely sucks, but kudos for doing the right thing and following the guidelines. Seriously. We just don’t know enough yet about this pandemic, so I can understand why companies are being especially cautious lately.

I’d bet this is also the sort of situation where a sympathetic, non-demanding letter to a relevant executive at BMW could result in a reasonable compromise (e.g. a voucher for next year’s event). You shouldn’t be faulted for taking extra precaution in an unprecedented situation like this.

2 Likes

louisvillemtrackexperience.eventsbmw.com/

Received this in my email. If anyone wants to join from Kentucky.

I would go in a heartbeat. A free M track day @ the Kentucky Speedway…
Yet they have a restriction of 25+ (which they don’t have typically. I did M Track Days @ Monticello Motor Club when I was 21. Did an M Track Day at BMW Performance Center a few weeks ago at age 23. Had my first M car at age 18. Crazy that I can’t participate since I’m not 25. Oh well 25 is only two years away. Totally worth the drive to Kentucky though

Their policy is really dumb. CDC has great guidelines on when someone can be considered non- infectious and with asymptomatic spread any of their guests are actually higher risk for spreading it than you. You should at least definitely demand your money back.

1 Like

Attended another one yesterday, this time the track cars were M5s and M8s.
The weather sucked, 40F and soaking wet but it didn’t stop us from having fun.
Highly recommend!

Some pics:

5 Likes