BMW Loyalty Incentive

I guess I am talking about cash incentives from BMW that can be stacked on top of an agreed upon selling price. Many post on this forum about loaner deals mention holiday cash, fleet, usaa, college grad, and loyalty as possible stackable discounts.

I can only qualify for usaa (but doesn’t work on loaners anymore). Is holiday cash and lease cash synonymous? The vehicle is not in VA… but will the dealer apply that lease cash if vehicle is registered in VA? If so, great… because that + loyalty should definitely offset any cost to register and insure the vehicle in NYC.

Thank for advice on the manner. I do not want to waste the dealership time in having them run numbers for a state that is not worth it.

On a loaner, you’d get current lease cash + Loyalty/conquest (if available, but not both) + college grad (if applicable).

On a brand new car, you’d get current lease cash + loyalty/conquest (if available, but not both) + college grad + USAA/fleet (not both…one or the other). Also, any current OL codes that you may have are available on a new car, but not a demo (only 1 OL code per customer)

You can also qualify for a cash back rebate from BMW CCA on a new (NOT DEMO) car if you are a member. However, if you used USAA/Fleet, you would not be eligible, so you need to determine which rebate is better.

Dealer would apply lease cash based on where the car is registered. In other words, if you are registering the car in VA but buy in NY, you’d get VA incentives.

1 Like

and is it best to get agreed selling price/numbers prior… then once talking to the finance guy bring up the possible stackable incentives? Otherwise will the dealer try to not lower the price on a loaner as much knowing you have loyalty and lease cash as incentives?

ALWAYS get sales price BEFORE incentives. Otherwise, they’ll use incentives as bait in an attempt to not give a strong discount and keep more money.

“I want your rock bottom sales price BEFORE any incentives are applied.” When negotiating to try to get this down further, always make sure they’re not adding incentive money back into the equation. Once you get your agreed upon price for the car, THEN apply the incentives.

The sales manager is going to know what incentives you qualify for before you get into F+I, and will add them into the agreement.

thanks. they are telling me to register in state with my license (NY)… making this more annoying. Could have father get deal for me and transfer lease to me… but that is even more annoying I assume. Guess I will just get numbers for NY and if I am not happy, see if VA numbers make a big difference.

Technically, you trying to register in VA while living and residing in NY with a NY license, and having no intentions of moving to VA would be fraudulent, so I can understand why they would balk at such an attempt.

1 Like

Yeah using your father’s BMW registration to get a loyalty discount is fradulent. But to register in VA you would need to first get a VA licence. To do that you would need to use your father’s mortgage/cable bill etc… to prove residency. That isn’t just fradulent but a felony.

But this seems insane to me. Why would you ever want to register in VA. You have to pay tax on full value of car at purchase. Then you have to pay an annual car tax to your father’s locality for as long as a car is titled in VA. Whatever the differences in incentives/insurance, register In NY State. I can’t imagine NYC being more expensive then Registering in VA.

2 Likes

Beats me why my family registers their cars in va then… maybe its just because they are paid for and older… so just for insurance purposes.

Thanks for info.

I’ll stick with NY

Because they actually live there and play by the rules?

3 Likes

My family in NY… and you are being very naive if you don’t believe that a great amount of nyc people register their cars out of state to avoid our high car insurance rates. There are even blogs/websites on the subject. I’m paying about 3k/6 mo for my e class… 33yo with no previous accident history until last October when the city towed my vehicle for construction and caused 6k in damages

So my bad about doing the lease etc… it’s all probably for older vehicles to avoid insurance.

I actually have first hand expirience leasing cars in both NY and VA, so can tell you a thing or two also :wink:

It amazes me that insurance companies don’t deny coverage more often when it becomes clear the insured was lying about their residence to defraud the insurance company. That said, insurance companies will sometimes do this or similar things so you commit insurance fraud at your own risk.

I’d also cautioun that consumer insurance protections are fairly weak in VA so I would not want to have to litigate my insurance fraud in Virginia. But really it comes down to whether you have assets to protect. More assets you have less you want to risk your car insurer telling you to pound sand post accident.

Unless they also have property out of state that they can claim they live at at least 1/2 of the year, that doesn’t make it any less fraudulent.

You’re right. But people do what they can do to get over on the system because the powers that be can care less about the common man and will do anything (moral/immoral) to take the $ out of the poor man’s pockets and put into theirs.

2 Likes

There is also a question of driving in NY with VA plates while your license shows NY residency. You will be stopped and will have to explain, sooner or later.

1 Like

i could have my pops give me title of one of his old BMWs… but the hassle of the paper work is not worth it. I give up on getting loyalty. I see some dealers offer conquest but only for Audi/Lexus!.. I used to have a lexus but junk’d that car in 2013… I wonder why Mercedes doesn’t qualify for conquest…

Side note - I have current and would register physician plates… very unlikely of getting pulled over without reckless behavior… Have been driving around with illegal tints for over a year already with no issues (granted so are half the cars in NYC).

Cops are very well aware of people driving with another state’s registration in NY. After a month or two you local cop may just decide to check a car with VA plates.

Did this work for anyone else?
Any other legal tricks to get loyalty discount. For 3k i am willing to spend a little time to make this work!

Go buy an old BMW for $1,000. Get a lease. Then sell an old BMW for more than $1,000. Profit.

5 Likes

I have been looking into doing that in Southern California. Any BMW I have seen advertised for $1,000 or less does not run. If I can find one that runs, I maybe could recoup my purchase price by selling it to another person here who needs it to qualify for loyalty.