BMW Loyalty Incentive

Just want to know if I only need a registration of a current BMW to qualify for BMW Loyalty Lease Incentive?

Thinking about buying a parts only/beat up BMW, register it, qualify for loyalty then sell it to junk yard or trade in to dealership.

1 Like

No you need to have an active financial services account within the past year (or maybe 6 months not sure) to qualify for loyalty.

All to save about $20/mo?

1 Like

I saw the dealer loyalty incentives saying the following, not sure if it is regional only or nationwide.

BMW of North America in conjunction with BMW Financial Services are pleased to announce the BMW Loyalty Lease/APR Credit on eligible MY2017 and MY2018 models that is designed exclusively for current and former BMW owners/lessees (coming out of any make of BMW Car or BMW SAV). This offer will be available through January 2, 2019.

Loyal current and former BMW owners/lessees, with an eligible BMW qualify for a Loyalty Lease/APR Credit on eligible new BMW Lease, PrePay Lease, OwnersChoice, Retail or Select contract through BMW Financial Services.

Loyalty was $2000, junk BMW is more like $500. So I would say about $50/mo on 30 mo lease

Not $750?..

this is where I saw it, it says valid through 01/02/2019.

Depended on the model $750 for 3 series in December.

“exclusively for current and former BMW owners/lessees (coming out of any make of BMW Car or BMW SAV).”
Means current FS account or closed within the past 6-12 months, not sure which.

5 series is $2000 loyalty

I’ve thought about this. Solution with less logistical overhead is befriend a junk yard owner who has title to said junkyard vehicles. Have him sign total over to you, register car, earn loyalty, then unregister car. If that solution is walking to close to the fraud line for comfort, then buy the car from said junkyard owner, have him store vehicle for you and then sell it back to him at the pre-agreed price, after you have qualified for loyalty on the new vehicle. If you worked it out could probably do it for 250 to 500.

Sorry, I am kinda confused. I thought it said owners/lessees.
Just trying to get the best bang for my bucks.

No need for a loan through BMW

Insurance, registration, inspection (will it even pass?), time… Not worth 1.5k, IMO

1 Like

Process might take up maybe 20 hrs ? That is like $95/hr wage after tax lol

Lmao :joy: way too much work and complications like @Ursus said

20 hrs at DMV only :joy:

Got to go to DMV for DL anyway, otherwise might think other way

They will not register without inspection, I guess. And title can’t be salvage…

I think the answer will vary from state to state. In NC, if I bring a vehicle in from out if state it is exempt from inspection for the 1st year. So for $52 title fee, $36 registration fee and whatever insurance costs for that time period I can be a legal owner of the vehicle. Depending upon how I read the statute, I either owe the 3% HUT tax at time of registration or within 60 days. But I get a pro rata refund when I turn the plate back in if I already paid it. This might be worth the hassle.