BMW Loyalty Incentive

Smog is required in CA, but I don’t see anywhere preventing a salvage title.

Googled it for CA:

Apply for a Salvage Certificate.
Complete an Application for Title or Registration (REG 343).
Have the vehicle inspected by the DMV or CHP.
Gather the appropriate paperwork and proof of ownership for your vehicle type (see below).
Pay the $50 inspection fee, prior history fee, and title/registration fees.

Didn’t really mean to say it can’t be, rather too much hassle.

Thanks for the info . I didn’t know about the salvage title registration process. I will either find a beat up clean title car or just pass .

1 Like

Guess I’m wrong or they changed the program. Thanks for the info.

What’s the likelihood a $500 junkyard salvage car is going to pass smog…or a beat up, clean title for that matter?

If you are in California, go to the FAIR app and “rent” the least priced BMW using a coupon (currently $1K off start payment). They will send you the registration within 2 weeks which will show your name along with Fair’s titling company. Subaru also sent a $500 off my next purchase of a Subaru with their purchase documents. So for about $350 OOP and $350 a month (a price I see on some BMW’s on Fair) and you will get a month to drive the BMW and take your time looking for your loyalty purchase. You can turn in the Fair BMW before you make your next payment. **note this is my experience with getting a Subaru via Fair and I am assuming BMW is the same.

2 Likes

That is a great, low stress way to earn loyalty and try out vehicles.

1 Like

The loyalty applies to household, i.e. if you have someone at your address that has a BMW, it applies, you will just need proof of address, their registration, utility bill, etc

Yes, the requirements aren’t very strict.

Will an assigned title work as proof, or do you actually need to register the car at DMV??

The dealer I spoke with in NC said signed title is sufficient. I imagine ymmv.

ill give it a shot! worst they can do is say no!

Hey looking for advice… i live in NYC, my father (same first/last name) lives in VA and owns multiple BMW… If I am interested in a BMW and make a deal… can I register car in VA at his address and apply for loyalty?

I do not know the circumstances of people in NYC registering vehicles out of state… but many people do it because of the crazy cost… Trying to offload a 2014 e350 and a friend of mine just started work at a BMW dealer… I see a nice ex-loaner 440i available :slight_smile:

I believe we also have USAA… not sure if BMW still works with them.

The tax situation in VA may be more cost prohibitive than registration fees in NY.

hmmm i do not know much about VA taxes… i do see many registered VA vehicles here in NYC. And I figured if I can get the loyalty credit by using my father’s address that would offset any negatives.

You likely have a good point in general though, as my father’s vehicles are registered in Texas.

Leasing taxes concerned, Texas is worse than VA, which is worse NY.

USAA doesn’t work with loaners. If brand new, it’s 500.

yeah i saw that on a few post last night :(… So basically it is Loyalty and Holiday Rebates and College Grad.

I assume BMW holiday rebates pretty much only pertain to christmas time? If there’s a 4th of July/Summer rebate that I could use that would be great.

@Ursus can correct me, but for VA its 4+% on selling price (not monthly and not lease cost) plus a generous annual personal property tax donation based upon the value of the vehicle.

Now there may be insurance savings by registering there, but in theory the vehicle should be insured based upon where it spends most of its time.

What exactly are you referring to as “holiday rebates?” Most of the time, these “holiday” rebates are simply lease cash marketed as something special.

There’s currently 2k in lease cash in the VA area (if that’s where you want to register it). 0 in NYC.