BMW Leasing Wiki

Yeah, will to confirm. Thanks guys!

If it’s been titled: No.

I’ve heard of demo cars traded on priority 5 though.

So lots of incorrect info here. Can be titled and get new car program @Electric

Carfax can say it was a lease and the car be titled and you can still get BMWFS new car programs. One of my GT’s was a BMWNA employee lease car and was sold at auction. I was considered the second owner on carfax and leased as new from BMWFS.

Corner case and might have required an override at some point. There’s all kinds of examples of this just as much as ridiculous discounts that have led to some pretty crazy deals but definitely not the norm.

No override required. Very standard practice.

Bmwna auctions off ex employee lease car all the time. They get titled and plated with personal plates. Very common

2 Likes

If I decide to make the One-pay Lease, what’s gonna happen if I later want to transfer my lease?

They gotta one-pay you whatever amount you want for it.

So let’s say my 36-monthly payment is $400, I paid $14,400 +upfront tax and other fees, and 18 months later I decide to transfer my lease, I will get $7,200 back?

Whatever you get is between you and the person assuming your lease. It could be more or it could be less

1 Like

If you think you may want to transfer the lease at some point it’s probably best to stay away from a one pay. I think it’d be harder find someone to give you that much money in one lump some to take over the lease.

How about MSD? Do I get MSD refund when transferring my lease?

BMWs not keeping the money. Either it goes to you via the assumee, or the originator can receive only part of the msd from the assumee and the assumee receives the whole msd back, as an incentive to assume the lease.

0.02 no msds and monthly is the best way to transfer a lease. If you want the savings and returns of MSDs , the person assuming said lease needs to put down MSDs as well.

Nope…they stay with BMWFS until the car is returned at the end of the lease. Then they are given to the leaseholder at time of turn in. You’d have to get your MSD $$$ from whoever assumes you’re lease. If you think you may try to transfer a lease…keep it simple.

Got it , thanks guys!

One Pay and MSDs make the transfer more difficult. Not saying they can’t be overcome. Just adds more complexity and potential time looking for a transferee. I was able to transfer my 2020 330i XDrive MSport in about a week. But it was a very cut and dry deal.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

I know dealers can markup money factor up to .0001, but every dealer I’m talking to is marking it up that whole amount. Can they mark it up by less than that or is it .0001 or base?

.00040 (roughly 1% APR) is max rate markup.

This is negotiable, But it is often more advantageous to take an extra 2% discount front end and rate markup vs less discount and no rate increase.

1 Like

The sale discount point you made is exactly what I’m going for right now. So, for example, if they’re marking it up from .00128 to .00138 and refusing to give me base, i can ask for .00133?

Yes you can. It’s negotiable but you should always push for buy rate with no mark up, unless they’re marking it up in lieu of the acquisition fee (to lower your total cost overall).

Otherwise, don’t accept marked up MF.