BMW Leasing Wiki

I just got an email from BMWFS, they are giving me the credit for my disposition from last February, so seems that it is a year!

2 Likes

Nice! Maybe it’s a recent policy change that hasn’t been updated everywhere yet. Or they’re just disorganized :laughing:

Awesome! An unexpected $350 never hurt anybody.

Will my my family member at same address qualify for bmw loyalty ? I believe yes

OL code, if I attend an event, can I let my fam member at same address redeem it ?

Basically trying to combine: grad discount, loyalty and ol code for my sibling

I just had a convo with a BMW dealer and he is saying BMW isn’t allowing loyalty to be stacked with College grad anymore. Does someone know if there is truth to this or is he just BSing?

You cannot. OL codes usually have your name associated with it. If your family needs one, then they should sign up for the event.

Accidentally read that as “blessing”.

One of our BMW advisors would have to confirm whether that’s the case. I doubt it. Loyalty and college grad have always been stackable

1 Like

That’s what my understanding has been too. Haven’t had issue in the past either with stacking

4 Likes

Thanks. Is this only for lease or works for purchase. I might end up purchasing to get the full federal EV credit.

1 Like

All FS products.

Heads up, same household family members can actually qualify for OL (they did in 2021, at least). That said, I strongly recommend that all still go to the event because it’s a ton of fun. :smiley:

3 Likes

I got a promo email from bmwcca, and here are the details:

We’d like to extend a special discount membership offer!

One-year membership at $52, Save $6!
Three-year membership at $149, Save $10!
Use Discount Code: CCA0422.

Offer ends Friday, April 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Sharing this and hope it helps.

2 Likes

Yes this is why I assumed I can share my OL to my sibling

Is the money factor now 0.00176 as of April 1? When you sign the leasing agreement, I assume that they do not care what the money factor was when you placed your deposit. In other words, the deposit does not lock down your money factor. Is that correct?

BMW will lock the lease programs (MF and residuals always, incentives in most cases but depends on program) once you submit a credit app. Deposit doesn’t count- they need to submit app to BMWFS. 60 days except West Coast which is 90 days.

1 Like

Thanks! This is very helpful and surprisingly good news given the April increase. I submitted my credit application at the time of the deposit.

BMW allows us to extend the current lease if we place an order for another BMW. Does anyone know what happens if we back-out of the order at the end of 6 months lease extension is done?

I was actually thinking of asking that same question. My guess is if you back out you just return the old car and walk away but curious to hear if others have experience. That is assuming you just order the new car, if you actually sign the lease agreement on the new car then you are stuck taking the new car I assume.

Nothing, you walk away. No obligation to buy the new car and no penalty, as far as your old lease is concerned. Of course that assumes you didn’t put down a deposit on the new car or if you did, that it was refundable.