BMW IX's Literally Rotting on the Lots

This is insane, when will BMW start fire selling this things? It’s going to take a 20% discount + that $7500, a higher residual, and some trunk money to even consider these things over an X5. These are NOT $90k vehicles (just as the EQ models are vastly over priced).

1 Like

I have no trouble selling them at 10% off. They incentivized them further this month with a lower money factor. If they were around 699/mo I think they’d be no brainers and would fly.

20 Likes

We are at $697/mo for our cheapest, which is onpar/cheaper than EQS.

10 Likes

Did ix lease become more favorable in June compared to May? Focusing on MF/RV and not dealer discounts

Not really, about the same.

I think the big MF drop by 50 points makes a decent difference.

jeff bridges fgc GIF

2 Likes

What’s Blundetto doing in the background?

6 Likes

Oops, misread the guide lol.

$697 a month :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

There are a few EQS deals that beat $697 by a far margin, so I wouldn’t call it a firesale yet.

Disclaimer: I have a EQS sedan in my garage, but would prefer a iX over that if it wasnt for the EQS deal lol

1 Like

Lot more lemon jellybeans tho.

2 Likes

one is over priced while the other is ridiculously overpriced

3 Likes

If you’ve seen just how heavily you can option a comparable i4 (in range and overall features) the iX actually isn’t all that badly priced for what you’re getting.
The deal though is that it probably shouldn’t be a volume model just based on economics and where it lands in size segment (Most like X5)

The fat etron had this same issue as the most comparable vehicle in their lineup was a Q5 and thus Audi really had to dig deep to move them until they caught on.

1 Like

Hopefully we can get ix’s at 550’a month taxes and fees due at signing by next summer :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My local Audi dealer that I visited today had six etron GT sitting. Sales rep said they can’t move them. Then he proceeded to tell me they are worse for the environment than ICE and charging network is inadequate . Not a good sales approach .

12 Likes

Unlikely.

I forsee a smaller form factor SAV coming in to fill that specific gap as a volume model and iX production being tapped down significantly before that happens.

Episode 4 Drama GIF by Cruel Summer

That or iX 40e comes to the states and fills in that price gap.

Still won’t be $550.

That’s when you should have made a ridiculous offer and picked one up!!

All these cars are what happens when you are forced to make decisions that are not based on actual customer demand or economics.

4 Likes

The government knows what you need to drive better than you do.

Stop arguing with inevitability.

1 Like