BMW IX Loaner Car

Took my x5 in for service today and was offered the 2022 BMW iX for a loaner!

WOW, this thing is lightning fast. The instantaneous electric acceleration knocks you back into your seat. The handling is great and responsive as most BMW’s are. And the build quality is great.

This is making me second think my Tesla order for the model y coming in September. Except the price tag on the iX is steep in comparison to the model y.

15 Likes

Definitely a neat rig. For some reason it looks like its made of plastic to me…must be the shape/design.

Having that extra subsidy money is paying dividends on awareness. Glad BMW is pitching in on these because the base subsidy is piss poor (less than 1% MSRP monthly)

1 Like

Are they discounting these things? I haven’t seen many brokers chatting about them just yet.

Just because they’re ugly doesn’t mean they aren’t hot

2 Likes

I am discounting on pre-orders (spec/047) for ‘23.

Also have locking lender tax credits for them for Texas lessee.

3 Likes

If you are buying, the BMW would qualify for the $7,500 Federal EV tax credit, which the Tesla no longer qualifies for. So that would lessen the price difference.

2 Likes

Its a direct competitor to Model X, not Y. Apples and oranges.

2 Likes

Also, can you tell me the dealer? i’d like to know when they are wiling to sell the loaner car…

True, although build quality is an issue on all model Teslas.

3 Likes

That’s a lot bigger than I expected gotta check one of these out.

That was my exact thought when I saw it in person and got into it, plus I’m loaded with baby strollers and car seats and it all fit well!

1 Like

Smart move on the dealer’s part - they’ll probably get a bunch of pre-orders from ICE drivers who are now EV-curious thanks to having one as a loaner.

1 Like

Chris Bangle: ::contributed to horrific BMW design in the 2000’s likely never to be toppled:::
BMW in 2022: “hold my beer”

2 Likes

I’ve seen these in the wild. Hands down the ugliest BMW in decades.

6 Likes

Yeah I can’t believe people are considering this thing at this price. It looks like a 50K car at best.

1 Like

It looks best in dark colors.

2 Likes

Seems to be the running theme with new BMWs. “It doesn’t look half bad when you hide the lines!”

What’s the automotive equivalent of a paper bag on its head?

1 Like

It’s on the license plate

1 Like

you discovered something that everyone does on their first EV ride. instant torque baby. now you can never go back. my current stable: Model S, Nissan Leaf & Bolt EUV. all of them feel like rockets, from the itty bitty leaf to my 3.8 seconds Model S.

2 Likes