BMW Equalizer Tweaks - G* Chassis

One of the best pieces of advice you gave me, @HersheySweet … “just because it has the same part number and looks the same doesn’t mean it’s the same thing. Dude, you’re on AliExpress.” :joy:

1 Like

M8 no more :joy: I was inquiring for the M550i. The HK is very weak on the 5 series. I was on Bavsound site yesterday and they have a new amp but currently not available for the 5 and pretty pricey (approx between $1100 to $1500).

I will check the link you posted and research on what they have for the 5. Thanks.

1 Like

I was curious and enabled this and I think it sounds terrible under any settings. I immediately reverted it back. To each his own but like you said any change that you think splines better is just a placebo as these settings are made for a digital amplifier that you don’t have without the B&W.

1 Like

I completely take back what I said about Apple music. Been using it consistently for about two months now since Tidal likes to give me problems with CarPlay and I am guessing Apple’s spatial software updates have helped a lot. Way more spacious sounding and there is more oomph to the lower end (good or bad depending on your listening preferences). Would still love to see Roon integration and more details on the data being streamed for serious listening but I know Apple will never let that happen. The Audio MIDI app on Mac allows me to change to 192 kHz, but I wonder if the DAC is actually receiving that or a lower format.

3 Likes

CarPlay supports a maximum of CD quality at 16/44.1. I have been impressed with Apple Music even at that resolution it sounds incredible.

2 Likes

I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I starting using Apple Music in Carplay and then I started listening to Apple Music on a hi-fi DAC/Amp home setup, which is how I can stream up to 24/192. In the car, Apple music isn’t that much better than Tidal, except the low end is more pronounced. But I enjoyed Apple Music’s sound better on the hi-fi set up but Tidal’s integration with Roon makes it a better user experience.

1 Like

Can you hear the difference between CD and 24/192?

100%. I can tell the difference between up to 192hz. I can’t tell between say 88 and 96, but the big jumps from 44 to 96 and 192 I can. There are usually very small differences and it requires active listening. Something at 16/44.1 can be a little rough in my hi-fi system with headphones (depends on the recording) so I try to keep it at 24/88.2 and higher.

2 Likes

This guy can.

GIF by reactionseditor

3 Likes