BMW Equalizer Tweaks - G* Chassis

With the recent shortages around premium audio options on BMW builds (and for those like me who’re just generally tinkerers and like unlocking everything BMW hid away), the below may be helpful to code the higher-end equalizers into G* chassis vehicles. While of course the biggest overall upgrade would ultimately come via hardware, I certainly feel that there has been a marked improvement with the B&W profiles + updated equalizer settings especially at higher volumes, and I don’t think it’s just a placebo effect (though the new visuals are kinda cool too). :stuck_out_tongue:

(Credit to Bimmerpost member Woolly for the introduction to the idea, though I have additional parameters coded versus the initial post - warning: YMMV, and all updates in BC expert mode or esys are done at your own risk - PM me and I can attempt to help if you run into any issues - I strongly recommend parking in an openly accessible spot prior to starting any coding work on your vehicle)

For reference, I’m working with a 2019 G05 that has the HK Logic7 system:

Post Update Pics:

(I don’t think the volume controls showed the B&W speaker pattern before?)

EQ Settings:

Bimmercode Update Parameters (all accessible in expert mode under HU_MGU):

Hi-Fi → HK Equalizer coding settings (untested):
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AMPLIFIER_VARIANT = most
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AUDIO_SYSTEM = hk_surroundsound
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > AUDIO_SYSTEM_VAR = variant1 [Default]
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > EQ_VARIANT = variant5
HU_NBT_EVO > AUDIO_TUNER_TRAFFIC 3002 > MULTICHANNEL = nicht_aktiv [Default]
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 > LOGIC7_SYMBOL = aktiv
HU_NBT_EVO > SYSTEM_EINSTELLUNGEN 3004 > EXTERNER_MOST = aktiv

3 Likes

Alpinas come with base sound systems?!?

Haha good question - nope, this is a 2019 X5 40i xDrive (G05), not an Alpina.

I just really like the Alpina cluster colors/theme, so I’ve enabled that via Bimmercode (don’t need expert mode for this one - relatively innocuous update). Another option is the M cluster, but that has some text alignment issues at the moment.

I can add some screenshots on that later as well, since it’s a quick change that has a pretty big impact.

1 Like

Quick little bit on updating your dash cluster layout (note that this affects your HUD layout/theme as well):

The DKOMBI4 panel:

Cluster options:

M layout (note the off-center nav text at the bottom that I was referring to)

Next up, trying to figure out how to override the brightness settings for the cluster via esys… given up on finding the control in Bimmercode. :frowning: