BMW debadging charge?

Removed the xdrive and 330i badges from the back of my 3 series. It is due back 4/27 so I wanted to see if I should go through the trouble of ordering and installing new badges or just take the charge. Anyone have any experience on how much they’ll charge?

You should be okay. Just get a pre-inspection before turning it in. If you have to install new badges, it is pretty cheap.

Have you had your inspection yet? Did the report have the charge on there

1 Like

I would just buy the badges off ebay and put them on. At turn in, without badges, BMW is likely to charge full price for parts and labor.

Didn’t do the inspection yet. How true will BMW stick by the inspection in turn in?

Can someone explain to me the appeal of doing a badge delete? Do you not want people to know the car’s make?

Some people would rather the car be free of a bunch of needless emblems.

7 Likes

Probably depends on the dealer and overall vehicle condition. I turned in my 3 series this AM and was worried about the front bumper where the wife nosed into the snowblower. No charges. Car was otherwise clean and 9k under miles

I think OP took off only the model badge, not the BMW roundel. So you’ll still be able to tell the make, but I’m in the same boat - don’t see the point of debadging even the model.

1 Like

Maybe OP is a spy.

3 Likes

The dealer won’t charge you, BMWFS will once the car gets back to them and they inspect it.

1 Like

I’ve done this on previous BMWs, the charge is less than $100 if I remember correctly. Also, if you lease another bmw you can have the charges waived.

1 Like

My dealer is designated as a lease end inspector. Remarketing already sent me the invoice. I had a choice of using Autovin or the dealer.

1 Like

Not saying that’s why OP did, but a lot of time it’s to pretend that you have better trim than you do by removing the original badges and altering other appearance items to match higher trim.

1 Like

Ah gotcha!

It’s a cleaner look.

I don’t wear my clothes with labels flying, why not have your car less cluttered? The plate and roundel seem to be enough. And it only takes 5 min with some dental floss.

3 Likes

All subjective I think. If I wanted my car to feel less cluttered the manufacturer placed badging would be the last place I’d look. Again, subjective and don’t think there’s a one size fits all here.

Totally agree. Personal pref, to each their own, etc

Yes I strictly did it for looks. I feel it gives the rear a much cleaner look.

1 Like

I had debadged my 330i wagon and now realizing that the dealer never said anything at turn in and never got any charge. I know they threw it up on their pre-owned lot like a week later and it was gone a week after that, so who knows.

1 Like