BMW debadging charge?

What’s the process? I want to debadge my 5er

Grab some dental floss or fishing line and slide it through…it can slightly help if it is warm out or hold a hair dryer on the badges if you are having an issue getting it to slide through.

1 Like

Get some floss or fishing line, plastic razor with at least a few extra blades, and adhesive remover (available in auto parts stores, Walmart, etc). Use the floss/fishing line to saw through the adhesive. Spray the adhesive remover on the adhesive to break it down, wait a bit, then start going at it with the plastic razor. Spray some more adhesive remover to keep melting the adhesive and wipe it all off.

People say to use heat, but I’ve never had to even on the coldest days. Make sure the adhesive remover doesn’t run anywhere it’s not supposed to and be sure to wipe it all off when you’re done, as the stuff’s pretty strong.

3 Likes

I’ve always been recommended that you put the adhesive remover right on the microfiber. It would help to contain it and make sure it does not go where it doesn’t need to.

2 Likes

Good point. I actually started doing that, just been a while since I’ve debadged.

I removed mine with nothing but floss, in about 3 minutes, but the glue was only a few days old having been applied at the port just prior to delivery.

Most BMW/Audi/MBZ products in Germany are debadged by default. A fast debadged sedan is the epitome of cool.

Since the world needs balance, I had to order a gloss black badge for my car since the silver/chrome standard one doesn’t match the rest of the car.

2 Likes

This whole badging thing goes through cycles. Chrome, matte, silver, black, at some point gold badges were an option that people actually paid for.

some people think that if you buy the entry model of a car and remove the badge people don’t know you don’t have the higher trim model.

4 Likes

Some of the really special Porsches have gold badging. I would have honestly bought a carbon fiber one if someone made it. Edit: actually upon further google searching, I found one out of Europe that has the 4 logo. So time to cancel my other order. Actually here we go: Carbon Fiber ///M Badges – Stealth Auto

I hear you get 10hp from every single M badge you add.

1 Like

Lack of M badge causes this to happen

1 Like

Especially if you add it to a Nissan

What about an M license plate frame? I miss this car sometimes, but then I remember how much money I spent on repairs.

5 Likes

Go on eBay and buy the badges. Prob less then $20 bucks and stick em back on…

I was into debadging when I was 18yo… couldn’t give a shit now. I want people to know what I’m driving

Wait did you put E220 CDI badges on an E55 AMG wagon? :rofl:

*E63, because I don’t want people to know what I’m driving sometimes

1 Like

He wanted to be European lol

This trend supposedly comes from europe, where “larger engine” cars are frowned upon, so debadging the car makes sure people don’t know what you have.

Other school of thought is making the car easier to clean/ looking “cleaner without badges”

I have heard of debadging, upbadging (seen hellcat badges on sxt and scat packs, amg badges on regular mercedes and M badges on 3/5 series) but very very rarely do you see downbadging like @rgao007

1 Like