BMW Dealership Refusing to allow OL Code

I understand that , but I doubt that BMWFS check every code submitted by dealer, most likely they bunch them all together and submit as a bundle at end of month
I have seen crazier things happen
one of the reasons BMW cut down maintenance plan from 4 to 3 years and removed brakes from package, is because dealers were doing a lot of shady stuff by replacing brakes on cars that does not need them

I did mention that several times. I’ll ask to talk to the finance manager tomorrow to explain it directly to him instead of relaying it through the sales person. I think that’ll be my only course of action.

30 dealers
Best deal of 30

Take the deal and drink 2 fewer lattes every month

No one here can change the dealers mind but you. You’re well informed but if they won’t run it, they won’t run it.

Keep asking different people but don’t lose the car over it.

7 Likes

I also walked from a deal when they wouldn’t allow my OL code. Apparently, they signed me up for an OL code tied to their store without my knowledge. So the discount was including the OL code without me finding out until the end. cough bmw newport beach

Luckily, I was able to find a dealership who matched and applied my OL code.

OP is already on dealer #30

4 Likes

On a 2020 loaner. Thankfully they have a refundable deposit on the car and said they would continue to ask but won’t let the deal pass. Keep asking, but obviously you can’t make them do anything.

Good luck OP :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Had a similar issue with JLR when the dealership was too stupid to understand how to apply a manufacturer’s rebate mailer and it cost me $2,000 over the life of the lease. They didn’t inform me until after I’d already flown to Texas to get the car, so I still hate them to this day.

Still bought the F-Type, though. No regerts.

Moral of the story is to fight as hard as you can, but a deal’s a deal even if you leave a small amount of $ (in my case, $55/mo) on the table due to dealer ignorance.

5 Likes

Not surprised. Had a BMW dealer refuse to honor college grad. Had all the right documents, under 24 months from graduation but nope, they wouldn’t honor it. Explained to SM multiple times that it comes directly from BMW and not out of their pocket, no dice. Never made sense to me, maybe they just didn’t want to sell me the car.

Some dealers have this mindset that if a deal is already “too good” in their eyes, then they don’t want to make any changes or draw out the process. They’d rather try to convince you to sign to get it over and done with. Adding additional layers, even if it costs them nothing, prolongs the process and opens the door for changes or a lower profit.

Not all dealers are like this. Just the annoying ones :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sure you’ve PM’d every broker on here as well as spoken to 30 dealers. You’re at nearly 18% pre-incentive. Just take the deal and be happy with what you’ve accomplished in terms of discount.

The terms on my recent OL code says: “ $1,000 offer valid on eligible new model year 2020 and 2021 vehicles in dealer stock delivered and retailed through 1/4/2021.”

You can argue with them all you want, but here is what I suspect they might be thinking:

They are not 100% sure that BMW will fund the $500 on the deal. They could, but they might not, and if BMW doesn’t fund that $500 then they’re out just that much more on a car that they’re already damn near giving away. They’d rather not risk it, even if it’s a small chance, and they lose nothing if this is a deal breaker for you.

That being said, you should continue to push throughout the process and ask the finance manager, but I wouldn’t lose this deal over $14/mo.

4 Likes

Noooo! I can’t live without my venti iced mocha macchiato!

2 Likes

Congrats on almost getting 18%

I tried hard last month talking to NJ dealers and no one would go over 15%. Most were 12-14%

My NY OL code wasn’t working in NJ for a loaner car. Just thought I chip that in here. It did work in NY (note: towards new)

2 Likes

Not sure why everyone is giving you crap. This forum is to help people get the best deal possible, and your question is valid. It seems like you already know the answer to your question though. All you can do is continue to push for it and hope they take it but they aren’t obligated to do so.

1 Like

Wah wah. OL code :weary:

Just kidding

2 Likes

On my current lease the dealer refused Costco saying that loaners did not qualify, it was only $500 and of course I offered to split the difference but they didn’t budge, it was a decent deal so I took it anyways.

OL does work on loaners. Sometimes different regions have issued OL codes which are only valid for some regions. East coast codes sometimes do not work on west coast deals and vice versa. Also some events are dealer sponsored and OL only works at that particular dealership.

While that may be true, there is nothing any of us here can do to change anyone’s mind as to the dealer applying the code or not. It’s a fruitless argument.

2 Likes

They tried to accept the code but couldn’t. Instead they took the full value off the selling price. See my Signed Deal post.

1 Like

I just used my OL code on a 2020 530i xDrive loaner. In fact, a couple weeks ago I got an email from BMW NA reminding me to use it prior to it’s expiration at year end. I used it at a different dealer than the one where I took the Summer Drive Event and got the full $1,000 rebate.

Call bmw NA and complain to them