BMW Dealership Refusing to allow OL Code

Hi All,

So I’ve been working with a dealership on a 2020 BMW 330i loaner deal. We have most of the deal done already. They have been the best dealership out of the 30+ that spoke with over the past week and I have been able to get a good deal out of them.

My main issue is that they are refusing to use my OL code. I’ve been trying to explain to them that $500 of that code is BMW to dealership and they are not losing anymore money on this deal. However, they just don’t get it and still refuse to use it. Any insight as to why and how to handle? I want that extra $500 off.

This is the current deal: BMW Loaner Deal

OL code not valid on loaners…

That’s not true. I’ve seen OL Codes used on a loaner before.

It worked on past two deals

definitely works… unless they changed the fine prints recently

It is up to the dealer. OL program has ended for a lot of stores.

I think it’s highly subjective on loaners. I was never allowed to use on loaners but brand new, and saw deals here that it was allowed. Feels like a YMMV situation.

Just take the deal and move on with your life.

27 Likes

Comment of the century!

3 Likes

I already put a refundable deposit down on the car because its the best deal I was able to get. So I’m taking it one way or another I’m just trying to get a better deal.

It just doesn’t make sense me why they wouldn’t accept a code that doesn’t hurt them anymore.

Off-topic here: based on the tag, MSD in NY?

Likely a non-NY based dealer, even if the OP is from NY.

1 Like

Not a NY dealer. I’m just currently located in NY, gonna be in FL soon thats why showing FL Tax.

may be they have a bunch of OL codes from other customers and they will enter in your deal , and they get the 500 dollars and they probably they did that during your negotiation with them , so don’t want to lose another 500 dollars ???

1 Like

what type of OL code is it? UDE, local test drive event…

A lot of OL codes are now locked - either regionally or to the originating dealership. So if you have the Accelerate into Autumn or Drive for Hunger ones, they could very well be coming up as invalid if that wasn’t the dealership that generated the code.

1 Like

UDE. So not locked to anything.

They’re not even entering it to check for validation. They just straight up don’t want to accept it.

Ask if they’re aware only half is dealer contribution, and that you only want the FS contribution.

Back in August I had the choice of walking over $450 from my target price after no other dealer was closer than roughly triple that. I took the deal and have zero regrets about paying $12.50 more per month. My 2 cents.

6 Likes

Idk what you’re saying here, but OL codes are tied to a person. You can’t pass them around like candy.

1 Like

You’ve got a strong discount with base MF…don’t cry over $12 a month…sign it and be done

4 Likes