BMW Dealership not honoring Corporate Sales Program?! (Arizona)

Hi Hackers,

I’ve just been told that, “Unfortunately that program is not available through our dealership. Another note, is that our discount already exceeds what it would be through the corporate sales program.”

Is this a thing? I’ve heard Hackers adding on the Corporate Sales Program discount AFTER getting the dealership to reduce the price of the vehicle. I qualify with my work and figured I’d try the same. (Doesn’t BMW Corporate cover this cost for the dealership? So shouldn’t they not be taking a loss on it from a dealership perspective?)

Please help so I can respond appropriately.

Thanks

They should be honoring it you just can’t combine it with loyalty

This program seems to change about every 60 days.

I came out ahead by not using the program because using it makes you ineligible for CCA (or at least it did in June).

In earlier iterations I understand that there was some significant value there, but that ship has sailed.

Ya, not combining with loyalty. Just going with “AutoNation Savings” and “Finance Rebate.”

I guess the AutoNation and Corporate Sales Program might be conflicting savings programs and not able to combine. Still, I’d figure they’d give a huge markdown and THEN the Corporate Sales program since it’s a new 2018 wallowing on their lot all year.

I don’t think there are any incentives or corporate programs for MY18 now.

1 Like

Well there’s the issue - Autonation

2018 cars aren’t for lease

Oh yeah and there’s no incentives on a 2018…did you mean a 2019 or was that not a typo?

It’s not much a of a program currently. Loyalty is still better.

The “auto nation” sales program is nothing more than dealer discount. It’s not a “program.”

Nope, it really is a 2018. They now have it listed under the “Courtesy & Demo Vehicles” on their website, but they tell me it’s still brand new and has less than a dozen miles on it.

I picked up the negotiations again since it’s at the end of the month. They tried to lease me a 2019 model. Again, they acted like they couldn’t find the Corporate Sales Program discount for a 2019. Took 3 emails (2 with the corporate account code and 1 with a screenshot of the discount explicitly shown) for them to be like, “Ooooh that. We found it and you qualify!” BUT then they claimed it’s not able for a lease even though it’s still technically this years model AND explicitly stated on the corporate sales program that it’s for financing OR lease through BMW Financial. It’s like pulling teeth to get any correct info from them.

Just go to CA and call it a day. Not worth negotiating in AZ.

1 Like

This.

You’d think AZ Bimmer shops would be a little more open to playing ball with the bloodbath that is the SoCal market being just a day trip away by car.

They more than likely have nothing to worry about. There are enough people out there that don’t understand the ins and outs enough to think it’s worth it to buy out of state. Hell, there are people that want the best deal on this site but don’t want to travel further than the local dealer down the street. Then you have the people that still think they have to get an oil change at the dealer to keep the warranty, so they surely won’t go out of state.

Bottom line, I don’t think they have anything to worry about.

Seriously.

They just told me the Corporate Sales Program will only give $7,500 towards lease while $11,000 towards financing. So basically $11,000 from Father BMW or $7,500 from the Federal Government (tax incentive.) This is either a lie since the programs explicitly says $11,000 towards EITHER a lease or financing so long as it’s an i3 through BMW Financing. OR deceptive since every other model is “*Up to $11,000” even though this offer doesn’t say that. It calls out $11,000 without asterisks.

I’m guessing they are trying to call my “bluff” some more since they claimed they couldn’t even find the discount in the first place until I screencapped it for them.

I’ve had better negotiations (that also fell through via deceptive sales tactics as well), but never so upfront as this.

I thought the $11k was only for I3 purchase (either cash or financing) and there was a regular $7500 lease incentive (+3k loyalty) to get to the 10,500 incentive on leases.

I got my info from my companies benefits page where for the i3 it says $11,000 for lease or financing (image attached), but for all other vehicles (image not shown) it says “*up to $11,000” lease or finance…

The sales guy said that companies benefits pages don’t sync up properly with the corporate incentives. (What a great way to lure people in!)

Exactly. It’s worded goofy, but the full 11k is on finance, and the 7500 is on lease. Thus the “up to 11k.” They just didn’t mention what you have to do to get “up to” the full amount.

Here’s the “*up to $11,000” for the other page (not explicitly an i3)…

That’s the difference. The i3 deal doesn’t call out the “up to.” This one does. Why both, when the 1st one doesn’t actually work?