BMW Canceled My Deal & Broker Won't Refund Broker Fee

, , ,

Here’s my 2 cents. I’d expect your $500 is dead for now. Granted, I suspect she will find this thread and come up with an amazing oopsie about seeing your messages and refund your money. Otherwise, her future on this site is all but dead. You’ve been cautious about naming her, but doing just the opposite in a tactical way may get you a refund. If there are no public consequences for their actions, she will have zero motivation to refund you.

4 Likes

Seems pretty cut and dry what happened, but OP commented on two broker threads, you seem pretty sure which one it is.

4 Likes

Of the two, there is one who would never intentionally burn a client. We all know him. I’m simply encouraging him to tag a bad actress. Hopefully it will protect others from a similar fate.

3 Likes

I’m nobody here but mods should connect with op, privately if needed, to verify the broker identity.

At that point mods should lock said broker threads until they hear back from broker to get their side of the story.

Last thing that should happen is that several other people get scammed because mods did not lock the thread when there seems to be doubt broker is acting in good faith.

Fwiw

13 Likes

If your account of the events that transpired is true, by not naming the broker, the other broker with whom you chose not to work with becomes a second victim.

5 Likes

You are quite the investigator!

4 Likes

You actually aren’t! You can dispute the charge. I had a client last week mistakenly dispute a charge (not sure how or why) from March. First time this ever happened, they took me off of online banking until I sorted the issue.

10 Likes

Venmo and zelle limit my account when I hit a certain amount of transactions. Receiving money as well as sending.

Giving the Benefit of the doubt, maybe they had to refund a few people all at once, still no excuse for poor communication.

There’s a lot of BMW brokers here, no one can pro Bono this guy an x7 until he gets his $ back? Looks bad on all of us when stuff like this happens to a new member.

OP I know the gm of my local Bmw in Philly if you don’t find one elsewhere. I can at least ensure you get one, I don’t know what discount if any they’re offering as I stopped following Bmw in this market.

19 Likes

Just in case there’s any doubt, it certainly wasn’t nyclife.

15 Likes

I’m shocked to hear this. I thought Zelle was pretty bulletproof to avoid being another fraud platform. Although I suppose since Zelle is administered by a consortium of banks, disputes can perhaps be filed at the individual institutional level? Is that what happened? Your own bank investigated?

3 Likes

LOL touché

4 Likes

OP was told to post in the broker’s review thread where the broker would have the chance to respond. We do not moderate disputes here. There is no reason to have this show.

5 Likes

Give them 24 hours to refund you through Zelle or Venmo and then do what you need to do afterwards on their thread. At least that way you can prevent others from falling victim to their tactics. If they don’t refund you by tomorrow, try to dispute things with your bank. Even though it’s thru Zelle, I think you do have recourse.

5 Likes

I can explain, it was actually really stupid and I should reach out to the client not exactly sure what happened as this is the first time and I’ve had many many transactions.

All of a sudden I was logged out of all of my accounts and couldn’t access any of my accounts with that bank. I went to my bank to see what was up to make sure it wasn’t any identity fraud or anything of the like. They tell me I have to call and they can’t help me, of course.

I call my bank, they finally tell me someone disputed a charge, it was like pulling teeth for them to give me more info. They review my transactions and since I have had no other disputed charges over a couple years they just ask for an account of what happened.

They finally spouted out this info:
Client paid me $100 3/7/2021

But what they left out:
Client picked up the car 3/20/2021 and made the final payment same day, $399 → wasn’t disputed

So not sure how the client disputed the top one 3 months later, but it caused me a lot of headache and I think it was a mistake.

6 Likes

What bank is this for lock an entire account over a dispute?

4 Likes

It was wells fargo, they are woefully incompetent imo.

11 Likes

They just locked it up to sign you up for a few credit cards and a HELOC without your knowledge. :upside_down_face:

15 Likes

Is it just me or is there a reason everyone seems to know whom OPs broker is?

3 Likes

@AutoCompanion

6 Likes

In my opinion the $500 broker fee should have been refunded within 48 hours…

1 Like