BMW 8 Series Deals for March

I understand what you’re saying but there’s a price the dealer pays for the vehicle. It is helpful to know the invoice because if I know there’s an additional 4-5 percent to play with in trunk money then it shows me how low the dealer could go. If for exactly the car is 100k, but inv price is 90 but I know there’s 10 percent money there to play with, I know the dealer could go as low as 81k and if there’s an additional 9k that the manufacturer is kicking into the deal I know I could get it down to 72k.
You can disagree with my approach and that’s fine. Like I said before I feel the more info the better. Sorry if you feel otherwise.

Why do you think invoice minus trunk money is the floor?

It’s like talking to a brick wall. I’m out.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

You can’t say there is 10% in there that you can work with.

Dealers get things like Holdbacks and bonuses for selling cars faster. So focusing on the ‘invoice price’ means they will jack you somewhere else.

If you don’t want to listen to this, go the easy route.

1. Find the best price you can get for this car monthly with zero DAS.
  2. Find a Broker and see if they can get you a better deal.

That’s about it, focusing on ‘Invoice’ is like asking for a discount on a made up number. Because Invoice only means 1 thing, as a distraction to the buyer.

1 Like

Dont lose sight of the forest for the trees…

-Stonks

2 Likes

I see what you mean. I guess I was using it to work backwards to the floor of what perhaps the dealer paid because I am don’t know exactly what the price is.
How would you work this deal? What do you say when the dealer asks how you arrive at the sales price of the car that I did? I don’t have an offer in writing to show. I’m just working off information juice seen in the forum

I don’t. Do you know what else could come into play to discount a vehicle

Research what a strong pre-incentive discount is based on comparable deals, run the numbers based on that discount and the current lease programs as they apply to you, then make the dealer an offer and tell them if they accept, I’ll be there in an hour to sign and take delivery. If they say yes, I’d show up in an hour to sign and take delivery. If they say no, I’d move on to another dealer. If the conversation turns to arguing over where your numbers came from, everyone is just wasting each other’s time.

It doesn’t matter what the dealer’s cost is. What matters is what the market is driving dealers to sell for. On some vehicles, that’s over cost. On others, it’s below cost.

1 Like

I see. So let’s say the car is advertised at 95k but based on my knowledge I think I can get it for 78k…should I just go in and say if you can give me this car for that price I’ll come sign. So just focus on what I think I can get the car for…I don’t get why to research preincentive discounts…most are just 5-6k

Because the pre-incentive is the variable. That’s what you’re negotiating with the dealer. The incentives apply no matter what dealer you lease from. You want to focus on what makes one deal better than another.

2 Likes

Might try some BMW forums and see if anyone is posting prices paid for the model you are after.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me why a dealer can more aggressively discount a demo? And in general is there a standard place to start when it comes to a percentage off?

Can you please keep all your related (BMW 8 series lease) posts in one thread?

I don’t really understand your question. It’s a used car that people have farted on and spilled coffee in so one would expect it to be discounted more than a new car. Or are you asking something else? For a target discount you can search around the forums (namely shared deals and marketplace) or BMW forums etc.

3 Likes

The dealer is saying he paid 97k for this demo that costs 103k. And even though it’s a demo he can’t really discount it much cause there’s not much inventory left for 21 models. The 2022 is 3k cheaper and includes the m Sport package, so I feel on top of it being a demo there’s more incentive to discount…I’m a novice do I just don’t know all the inner workings. I’ve seen deals for between 17-19 percent off in the past months but nothing related to a demo…I just don’t really know what is reasonable to shoot for regarding a discount

There is no one size fits all discount. Maybe the dealer won’t go past 5%, maybe they will do 25%. :man_shrugging: There really are no inner workings or magic formula. Every dealer/vehicle/region/time of month/etc situation is different. I think you were provided general guidelines previously on 8 series discounting, and you can also look in the marketplace at what BMW brokers/dealers are discounting them at to get an idea. That’s why it’s important to do your research and determine your own ‘good deal’, and walk away if they don’t agree to it.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/tags/c/marketplace/7/bmw

Some dealers are willing to discount cars to make sales, others are looking to make as much profit on each vehicle.

This just happened to me at a local dealer known for little discount, if any, on any car. Salesperson and manager provided me a payment sheet of $5,000 DAS, $1,500 a month on a run-of-the-mill P+ A6 with a straight face. Other dealers discounted the same car 11.5% off the bat.

1 Like

Its can be a bottomless pit or the floor is a micron off the ceiling, just depends on the management.

Unfortunately if you dont have comps, then price shopping is the only way forward to get to the bottom. Some folks say, well look up the used model pricing on that model and go from there…if you want a unicorn, which it seems you want, used pricing is not gonna help. Attainable and quick deals will then yes, offer them used pricing and congrats on the new wheels.

Thanks for all the input. I sent the dealer what I thought was fair and we’ll see what he says.

I leased a brand new 840i GC last month and got 20% off before any other incentives without much negotiations. It was a 2020 model, so dealer wanted to get rid of it before the lease support ended last month. Definitely, I could have got more discount since the dealer was desperate to get rid the car.

1 Like