BMW 8 Series Deals for March

I’m looking to find detailed invoice pricing. I’ve looked at Edmunds, TrueCar, Cars Direct, KBB, but everything ends in a lead to local dealers. Cars direct provided me with a little data, but I’m looking for detailed Invoice pricing for the vehicle and the options that get added. Does anyone know where I can go to get this info?

KBB and Edmunds are your best bets. You just need to know how to work their website. But if you are looking for like X package is this cost vs. this invoice, you will have a hard time finding that. Generally speaking, the percentage across packages/options is the same within a brand. I believe NADA does have this info now that I am thinking about it.

I think you can google it and find just about anything. What do you mean specifically when you say ‘detailed’ invoice?

I would want to know how much those $150 Floor mats and $395 Window Etching really cost.

1 Like

Floor mats do not really have that much mark up in them, maybe $20 or so. I couldn’t tell you about VIN Etching since I never sold it but I would imagine it is a very healthy markup.

I don’t know how accurate it is, but this website seems to have all that data, I’ve used it in the past. I’ve put it on an X3 as an example.

https://www.carquotes.com/new-prices/bmw/x3#Options

Invoice pricing on every one of those sites pretty much has become a little harder to get after their respective user interface upgrades but its still there without needing to enter any personal information to become a lead. You need to scroll down on edmunds for instance after selecting make and model, then pricing, then “build”.

Edmunds will list sticker, invoice, and their market price.

I’m going to take a wild guess here, but are you trying to find the mythical “Dealer cost” I assume?
That answer isnt available online. Search here for like make and model deals, maybe ask some brokers about their FL pricing and go from there.

Take a look around this forum and see if anyone cared about invoice when negotiating their deals.

4 Likes

Invoice pricing is irrelevant.

4 Likes

When I got my i8 I was able to find the breakdown of the invoice pricing to see what upgrades were costing. I’m trying to identify what the invoice price is for various features that match a configuration already on the dealer lot so that I’m more knowledgeable for the negotiation.

If you don’t have the MF and the RV down and you go in with an ‘invoice cost’ price you are doing yourself a disservice.

Because Dealers get discounts via several ways and ‘invoice’ is only one of them, you are not going in with proper documents. And those items you are looking up are really minor compared to the total price of the car.

Ex: I got the Quad Turbo at Cost! But you paid 3% more on MF! Was it worth it?

What information are you trying to glean from the invoice?

You need msrp for the parts to establish your proper residual value and generally pre-incentive discount targets are established as a % of MSRP. Invoice doesn’t ever come into the conversation. Where are you trying to use it?

1 Like

I am pretty sure as a customer when you’re in a TrueCar customer account it will show MSRP and Invoice on a graph showing average price, good price, great price, etc. which is supposedly data-driven info collected from the county clerks.

Arguing over what is or isn’t accurate invoice, cost, etc is a good way to bog down a conversation at best or play into a counterpart’s pity party on how much they’re losing.

2 Likes

Why are you using invoice cost as a means of finding a build sheet? You can simply reach out to the dealership and ask for this directly or if you want to be fancy, plug in the vin into the hundreds of vin decoders to find a build sheet for that vehicle detailing what options were installed.

In terms of negotiation, as the veterans above me have explained, invoice/dealer cost holds little in terms of negotiation. You need the other components of the deal, and more then anything comps to see how much of a deal exists on that.

Obtaining good comps and unicorn comps are a whole another debate.

What vehicle btw?

1 Like

I know all that goes into the structure of a lease but it’s been two years since my last deal. I just want to understand what is the invoice price of the vehicle I’m looking at because dealers use that in negotiation. And the more information I know, the more confident I feel in negotiation.
I’m looking at an 840i coupe. I know the MF is .00086 and residual is 54%. The only way this deal is gonna be attractive is if the dealer comes down on the price. From what I’m seeing there are some deals going for as much as 19% off. While that may not be possible, I’m aiming for that in the hopes to still get a great deal. The invoice price is marked up 6k, so I know I can use that as well as the dealer contribution to get down 15k at least. Additionally, I’ve been told there’s an additional 4-5% trunk money to get this deal down where I’m aiming for. I’m not trying to just walk into a dealership and think I’m gonna get a unicorn deal without putting in the work. Otherwise I wouldn’t be driving my i8 right now at the price I’m at. I have I Penfed, CCA, Loyalty and crossing my fingers for a local event so I can grey an OL code.

Again your focusing on invoice as if it means something very important towards the deal making process.

Tell me were those 19% off deals off invoice or MSRP?

I’m also not an export but I’m seeing what seem like crazy fees included in what they sent me so far

Knowing the invoice does not help you in effective negotiations.

Welcome to Florida!

1 Like