BMW 330i xdrive Seattle - Good Deal or not

Hey I am negotiating for 2020 bmw 330i xdrive. Need some help to negotaiate. What things i should look for or is this a good deal ?

Msrp -$51250
DAS - $3000
Monthly payment with taxes - $624
36 months 10k miles

Not a good deal. Way over 1% rule.

What things should i ask to bring the price down. I am reading folks getting deals for $450 -$500 per month

Not sure if this is too efficient, but I usually tell the dealer over emails that the price is still too high and more incentives need to be added in to lower the price. You also have to let them know you are willing to walk.

What’s the selling price? MF? What incentives do you qualify for?

You aren’t going to get a screaming deal in the Seattle area. They know they don’t have to be competitive because someone will walk through the door and pay the crazy prices they are asking for.

I think @28firefighter has mentioned Kuni in Portland as being a decent dealership in the past - feel free to correct me if that’s wrong!

1 Like

Mf - 0.00177
Selling price after rebates of 1750 and dealer discount -$47650

I am talking to Oregon dealerships as well

Is that base MF for this month?

I read it on other post 0.00137

So they’re marking it up majorly, I’d ask for buy rate MF, read the other posts and see what they are getting % off MSRP as well.

Put all the info you have in the calculator and post a link as well so folks can better analyze your deal.

1 Like

I am pretty sure those monthlies include BMW loyalty, MSDs along with an OL CODE. I would suggest you do a little bit more research if you want to get a better deal.

You should be getting a 10% discount at the bare minimum. If you are nowhere near that, I will WALK AWAY from this dealership. Move on to another one.

How far are you prepared to travel and how much time are you willing to invest into this deal to get (say) a $450 a month payment?

Good luck.

I want to be within 1000 miles radius. Yes $450 would be a nice deal to spend good amount of time.

Give yourself at least 3 months to monitor this forum and the edmunds forum. Don’t get me wrong, if you are able to get your desired deal tomorrow, SIGN and don’t look back. Time is MONEY.

i think $600 is certainly not a good deal after looking $450-$475 deals for similar MSRP.

Yeah, this is awful.

You should be targeting 11-12% on a new a car with buy rate as the MF. If they want to mark it up to the max, you should be targeting 13-13.5% to compensate.

I would be targeting this which includes max MSD:

1 Like

Seattle can be a very tough market. As many have said look to OR or even CA. Road trips can be fun or even trucking can save you money as well.

2 Likes

Generally agree, though I find the Portland dealerships willing to play when the timing is right.

2 Likes

Agreed. I will get deals out of OR and then they lock themselves down.

1 Like

I find it is all about the attitude with which you enter the water. If you come across demanding and entitled, no chance you clear a deal worth avoiding the hassle of shipping - that’s true elsewhere too, but some places put up with way more because the competition is steeper.