BMW 330i - suggestions?

Hey all - looking at leasing a car for the first time in a while. Got a great deal with help from this forum 5 or so years ago so appreciate any feedback in this current environment.

Looking at a loaded up BMW 330i the last month or so and have gotten laughed out of anything below MSRP or even a $1-2k market adjustment until today. Need to get something before January, lucky me. Looking for input on how to get better.

MSRP $538xx — no discount, not eligible for loyalty/conquest
Terms: 36/12k
Rebate: $1k corporate incentive
MF: .01111
RV: 57%

Have had to push to get MF to what I’ve been told is base, and to get a $2k market adjustment off. Takes it to a $785 monthly, first month at signing. When I run the calculator, I match this — I just am trying to figure out other levers to improve.

Appreciate feedback on it, inclusive of - go get something else :slight_smile:

Thanks

Check the Marketplace here, speak with a broker. Like many vehicles, you may get a better discount on an order than something on the ground.

Also depending on what “loaded” means to you, you might be on the wrong brand. BMW has de-contented quite a bit in the past year.

Thank you @jeisensc – have tried marketplace and a broker, who told me I wouldn’t be able to get much better than MSRP and woudn’t take me up on looking around for me…

This one includes Premium, Driving Assistance, M Sport, Shadowline packages if it makes a difference.

Ordering-wise, because I need something in the next month I’m a bit locked in, but will give that another try for something on it’s way, thank you for the recommendation.

Personally, I wouldn’t pay that much for a 330i, even a loaded one. Unfortunately, not that many levers left for you to pull since you need a car in the next month.

You stated you reached out to a broker. Was it @Bostoncarconcierge? He services MA and works with a few other luxury brands.

Good luck.

1 Like

It was - I’ll reach back about other options. Thanks for suggesting.

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

2 Likes

Your deal from last February is not relevant to the discussion: Signed: New 2020 540i Reject Car - 70k msrp, 578/month 36/12, Drive Offs DAS, no MSDs (AZ).

OP already reached out to Mike.

7 Likes

Improve by finding/configuring a 330i with less options. Do you really need every single option that comes on a 330i for a 3 year lease? Imo, $54k for a 330i is absolutely ridiculous.

If you want to make it an impossible search and pay the most money possible in this market, demand one with DAP, M-Sport exhaust, and touch screen.

I think an S60 is a great Option in this market. Thanks again for thinking of me!

5 Likes

In mass don’t forgot yer snow tires!

1 Like

Fair enough - appreciate the points from both of you. MSRP at ~$48xxx didn’t get me a significantly better monthly/MSRP ratio at the dealers I’ve visited, so I’ve gone with the feature set I was interested in. Would love to hear if anyone is getting significantly better deals on any 330i’s in MA at the moment…

$1500 off with a 40bps bump is the best anyone can expect in MA right now.

But there’s hardly anything on the lots.

1 Like

That’s not really an improvement. It’s like paying $3.00 for a pound of produce instead of $6.00 for 2 lbs of the same.

3 Likes

I agree, but if he was married to the idea of a 330i that would be the only option.

OP, in that class the only good deals at this time are on S60 if you are okay with a 4 cylinder. I wasn’t, so I went with a G70.

1 Like

A 330 is a 4 cylinder

2 Likes

I’m aware. I guess I worded it wrong. My point was that as far as 4 cylinders go, S60 has the best deals in its class at the moment. G70 for 6 cylinders.

1 Like

Curious to see the deals on G70s.

I got the base AWD 3.3T for $590 (including 10.25% taxes and 0 drive off). Not great, but I couldn’t find a better deal.

When was that? What was the MSRP? Pre-incentive discount? Incentives? Mileage terms?