Signed: New 2020 540i Reject Car - 70k msrp, 578/month 36/12, Drive Offs DAS, no MSDs (AZ)

I’ve been thinking about what car I wanted to get for a couple months, because why not. I was initially thinking about a cpo RC-F or GS-F, but decided I should probably lease because I get bored of cars, and I didn’t want to lock up a bunch of money.

Was looking at LT-1’s, but became disheartened, when I kept failing at finding a deal…we also had a cold snap in AZ (relatively speaking), and I realized heated seats were really nice.

Test drove an m340i, didn’t really think it was super sporty, so I figured if I’m going to get a luxury car, I might as well do it properly, and get a 5 series…didn’t take much convincing from @Clutch to start looking at 540i’s.

Was initially looking at loaner 540i’s, but numbers unfortunately didn’t really work out. After that, I resigned myself to getting a 2021 in a couple months, but noticed this one on a local lot. Threw an offer, and after a bit of negotiation, ended up with this. My only regret is not pushing for $241 more off to make the selling price $60969, more so for comedic effect, not the monetary savings.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW 540i
MSRP: $70510
Selling Price: $61210 (13.2%)
Monthly Payment: $578 pre-tax, $628 post-tax
Drive-Off Amount: $3500 (drive offs. Technically ~900 cap cost reduction because acq was rolled in, but whatever, total lease cost comes out to the same amount)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12
MF: 0.00086
Residual: 57%
Incentives: 3250 (some combo of loyalty and lease credit)
Region: Arizona
Leasehackr Score: 9.3 years

It does have some silly options that I don’t need, like an illuminated grill, and obnoxiously squeaky msport brakes (its a 5 series…), but overall I’m very happy with the car. Buying some new tires and getting tints for it.

I was also going to put some money towards MSD’s, but was convinced the money would be better spent by putting it in the market, so I bought some GME.

Azurite Blue/Black is stunning in person. Looking forward to seeing how it looks in the desert sun.

(No, I am not getting that plate)

18 Likes

Congrats on the beautiful car! May you enjoy it in good health. Hopefully well see it around on AZ streets.

1 Like

Tell me you aren’t really long GME.

3 Likes

I’m absolutely not lol, I think it’s a very stupid stock. I just used the msd money on tires and tints.

2 Likes

Congrats! Now put the rest of your money in $SLV :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jrouleau426 has some supporting words for you.

2 Likes

Why? To go with non-run flats? Or just want more performance oriented tires?

2 Likes

That’s not even $7/month. Why the regret?

1 Like

RFT’s on the 759i rims reportedly bubble easily with potholes (roads near me aren’t the best), last ~10k miles, and cost around $1700 for a new set. Granted, used tires on ebay are significantly cheaper.

Performance all seasons on tire rack ran me about $800 and should last 25k+ miles, and come with road hazard protection.

Just going to save the RFT’s for lease return. I learned my lesson from my old 3 series lol.

3 Likes

Ignore the 0, what does the number become :wink:

I’m too immature.

2 Likes

What dealer in AZ? My two bmw leases are almost over and I’ll be on a look out for new ones in AZ

1 Like

GME to the moon

2 Likes

Reaching out to one of the brokers on the marketplace section or @BMW_Dave would probably be the easiest from AZ for a new car, especially for a 2021 (broker fee vs increased dealer fees in AZ may balance out somewhat).

If you go about it on your own, just find the car you want, find the base MF and residual, submit a reasonable offer (i.e. not 15% off a new 530i in AZ), and follow the rules of leasehackr (aka don’t mention leasehackr). If you want a 2020, may want to move on it, support will likely end in March. Don’t be afraid to shop out of state, shipping isn’t too bad. Also, some AZ and NV dealers said they would match written CA quotes.

One thing I had going for me is that I was in no rush whatsoever, since my lease ends in a couple months, but I was willing to sign if the deal worked out. Made that very clear when negotiating.

1 Like

Congrats Car looks great. Just don’t like the illuminated grilles

1 Like

It is a very pointless feature that I will probably never use. At least it isn’t as obnoxious as the Benz ones.

Congrats! Btw BMW could make so much money by making the illuminated grille standard and then charging $6,000 for “illumination delete” a la Porsche

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I am in very similar situation. My leases are up in April and May. So I’m not that desperate for a deal but if a deal appears I would jump on it. I have two 3 series now. And they are both at about $300 payment with 7msds and 0 DAS. I was looking around but cannot see anything even close to this at the moment. May end up with another brand if it makes more sense.

I thought you were kidding until I saw the photo.

This may even be worse than the strings of LED Christmas lights that are standard inside. :christmas_tree: :santa:

3 Likes

No more immature than Elon Musk!

My favorite part is CNBC trying to explain 69,420:

“Musk frequently demonstrates a love of juvenile humor by working the numbers “69” and “420,” references to a sex act and recreational cannabis use, into company-related commentary.”

1 Like

I secretly like the interior Christmas tree lights, could definitely live without the grill though lol