Blue Angel & Thunderbirds roadshow for COVID-19 First Responders

1 Like

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures (THE CORONAVIRUS LANDFILL THREAD)

Wtf, did they steal the Statue of Liberty on the way out?

1 Like

This is second time this thread slides into healthcare shitshow.
So I cleaned it up. Its about flyover.

1 Like

Seriously? They’re inherently related.

1 Like

Yes, seriously.

1 Like

2 Likes

Too close, 19 years later, still too close.

3 Likes

“hey america! 90K people have died and our federal government is comically inept in providing any help to the devastated populace BUT what if we pumped money into our already offensively over-funded military so some planes would be visible for ten seconds???”

1 Like

I did watch them fly around on my roof deck, and what a waste of time… Barely idled around, didn’t want to annoy anyone with loud noises I’m sure.

And I LOVE fighter jets, used to work on them for my job, but even this display was lame.

1 Like

Canadian Snowbird plane went down, one pilot dead. Sucks.

I don’t think she was the pilot, but to be able to even sit in one of those planes during maneuvers are impressive enough.

Generally, these fly overs aren’t extra flights. They’re just redirecting the training exercises they normally do.

Every year, the Rosebowl gets a flyover of a B2, timed down to the second. They aren’t flying for shits and giggles, they’re practicing dropping a bomb right on time. Now the thunderbirds/blue angles aren’t doing mock bombing runs, but they are doing training/maintaining flight hours on the planes, which keeps all the support operations skilled and ready to go.

congrats on buying into the propaganda, buddy

Being cognizant of the logistics isn’t “buying into the propaganda”

3 Likes