Between 2 used cars: '16 GMC Terrain vs. '19 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport (Hertz)

My marriage, and saving money - not many things I enjoy more.

1 Like

Happy to help, Brandon! Hope you guys enjoy the new truck :smile:

6 Likes

You’re welcome. Now you’re one of us.
one of us GIF

8 Likes

Wow, that’s a huge turnaround, and a happy ending with a great lease deal. Congrats!

2 Likes

Wow I had little hope of this saga ending well. This thread was headed to the dumpster fire hall of fame early on but thankfully good samaritan @fatsocells stepped in and extinguished it!

1 Like

Speaking of Terrains, whatever happened to the $199 pm Terrains? I miss those…

1 Like

This thread should be put in the required reading before posting. Open minds along with sound advice and everyone wins.

1 Like

ONE OF US, ONE OF US

writes econ capstone on car leasing qq

1 Like

The ending we all wanted for NJRonbo, good job OP.

6 Likes

You may have picked the one possible choice that is worse. Nissan CVTs are among the worst, especially if they haven’t been meticulously maintained.

This is a beautiful read, everyone got what they wanted. OP made out with a good deal, LH got to yell at someone and then in the end help them out. This is beautiful.

2 Likes

I am so glad for this resolution. I kept reading this thread and kept thinking “no, no, NO, NO NOOOOO.”

Thankfully, this was resolved to the best level possible. For the future, never buy a Terrain or Outlander. Also, never buy a used rental fleet vehicle.

The poster above who never beats on their rental is the only one I know. I’ve been using rentals for over a decade and they’re all trash quality.

1 Like

is this the second coming of NJ Ronbo? Are you recommending OP look for an accord hybrid?

Z seemingly should be awarded at minimum most helpful hacker of the week
proud award GIF by Cartoon Hangover

2 Likes

Yea there’s way too many people out there that thrash their own cars, let alone rentals. Plus most rentals I’ve had lately were not well maintained. Oil changes maybe, but the tires were mismatched and heavily worn for example. Dangerous recalls not completed as well.

The only good thing about a used rental Outlander or Terrain is there is a low probability they have undergone repeated e-brake slides in a Comfort Inn parking lot.

Since our old friend NJRonbo came up in this discussion, I feel obligated to give everyone a warning so they can get their popcorn ready. Seems that he is circling the waters on the Genesis and Lexus forums looking at a GV70 or NX!

5 Likes

You’re checking rental car VINs for recalls?

1 Like

If Z can help me with a Frontier, he can definitely be the mostest helpful of the year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are choosing between a pile of garbage and a mound of trash. The two worst possible cars you could buy. Just ride the bus or a bicycle if these are your options. I would not drive either for free.

1 Like