Best way to search demos/Loaners

Hey folks, I’m still looking out for a Merc C300 or E300 Loaner. How are you guys searching for Loaner models online? Is their a convenient way to filter them out?

Also, if you guys happen to know of any in the Socal area I’d appreciate any tips.

Yes, no, maybe so?

From what I can tell, you use a search site such as cars.com and narrow down by:

Model year 2017
Miles <10,000

Obviously you want to look at only cars being sold by franchise M-B dealerships, and not 3rd party used car lots.

I think loaners/demos generally tend to be offered as non-CPO, used vehicles. Maybe others can chime in. For instance.

You can check the carfax to almost verify that it was indeed a demo/loaner. Carfax will say something like Corporate/Fleet/Rental instead of Personal Vehicle.

2 Likes

You can also search for keywords such as Loaner, Courtesy, etc.*

*I have seen variations such as “We loaned it” as well.

Although I also see some dealerships selling their ex loaner/courtesy vehicles as CPO as well

For instance, this one.

Thanks for the insight! I didn’t think of searching keywords. I’ll try that as well

For Aug, MB’s CPOs are offering 2 months payments (up to $1100) and 2 years free maintenance and 2.99% financing up to 6 years. If you can find a 2017 e300 that’s been CPOed and at a killer sell price, it might be a better option than lease.

As for searching…search for non-CPO on dealer sites to find loaners. Then anything with a few thousand miles is probably one. Some dealers will have them listed as new, some as used. And some (not all) dealer sites have a dedicated section for loaners. They are called loaners, demos, executive fleet, etc, but they all mean the same thing.

So I’m just looking at the cars that have been listed or on the lot the longest and going after those, under the assumption that they can work the best deal on those cars.
I don’t wanna buy a Benz tbh. just wanna get into a Great lease deal then see where life has me in 30-36 months.

Don’t buy the deal, buy the car you want to drive. What’s the point of saving $100/mo if every time you get in the car you wish you had something else?