Best Sporty Car < $400?

I’m not so sure its a “real sports car” :slight_smile: I do agree its a great driver’s car, but at the end of the day, you’re basically driving around in an Impreza with a better engine/brakes/transmission and some aftermarket looking bits and pieces on it IMO. However, I am in LA so I’m a bit jaded. :laughing:

I will absolutely agree that the IS350 isn’t a real sports car, but I enjoy the power from the V6.

Something that doesn’t drive like a Lexus or Volvo? :slight_smile: And who needs a V6 when you can have 2 liter boxer with 268 hp in small car.

1 Like

Charger Scat Pack? 2017 Charger Scat Pack

1 Like

You can get a Mustang for under 400 a month.

Or even better a Camaro.

You can get some ideas from this thread…The Q50 Red Sport mentioned was probably one of last month’s exceptional deals

VW GLI? There was a thread on it recently, too

1 Like

When did you lease the Lexus? I can’t seem to come close to those numbers

330i or 340i M-Sport with a manual and nothing else. That’s pretty damn sporty if you ask me. Hah

1 Like

What about a Maxima Platinum for 400 month???

I doubt OP can get that for under $400 unless it’s a demo or 2016 MY. I second the IS350, not a traditional sports car but still great to drive. My wife has one and loves it (she’s coming from a 135i which is pretty sporty).

Whats about a Mazda Miata, they are a proper sports car.

Terrible lease though. Low RV, high MF. And tall folk don’t fit LOL

If the OP can wait a few months till BMW pumps up the residuals again then it’s entirely possible. Especially on a 330i. Right now the residual numbers for 2016 cars are the lowest they’ve ever been, the 2017’s are higher. 2017 is 62% for 36/10, 68% for 24/10.

BMW has pumped those numbers as high as 72% for 24/10 and 66% for 36/10. Combine those residuals with some rebates and a willingness to travel for the best deal, and it’s entirely possible.

Wouldn’t count out demo/exec stock either. But like I mentioned, right now isn’t the best time to get a deal on a 3-series, but if patience it can be a winner.

1 Like

I’m too tall for Miata!

But you must be able to get one below $400 right and I’m 6’3" and love driving them.

I’m 6’5"… The mrs. also requires the occasional transport of our two children in a pinch. Just not enough room :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you get a Camaro for under $400 a month. Tiny back seats but if it is only occasional.

Part of the reason people like Miatas and BRZs is that it takes some skill to drive it quick…e.g. your corner entry and exit speeds, rowing the gears on a manual shifter to keep the engine ‘on boil’…it’s very different from a high HP monster that you can just mash the throttle…

In addition to the WRX and GLI mentioned earlier, I’d throw out the 320i with Sport Package, not much else (to keep it light, relatively speaking) and a 6-speed manual.

1 Like

I second @max_g 100% on that, a sport car is exactly what he described imho. The new Camaro is basically like driving a powerful Honda S2000, another epic car I wish I still owned.

It was this past May. I started negotiating with them on the 15th, and signed on the 31st. They were extremely persistent and were ready to deal by the end of the month. I think the 350’s sell much slower than the 200t, so that might be the answer. I don’t think much leases well in January because the local dealerships and corporate financial departments are just now getting themselves back into the groove of things after the December slam.