Best PHEV Leases on SUVs for August 2023? What have you leased?

I know the $7500 EV & PHEV tax credit is limited to a small number of vehicles. But I am told that the credit can be applied to almost all vehicle leases for PHEV and EVs.

I’m in need of a new SUV and don’t think I want to go all-electric. Willing to consider all electric for a great deal, but I don’t currently have access to a charger at home or work.

Here are the PHEV SUVs I’ve found, is there anything else that should be on the list:

• Mazda CX-90 PHEV
  • Toyota Rav 4 Prime
  • Volvo XC90
  • Volvo XC60
  • Hyundai Tuscon PHEV
  • Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV
  • Kia Sorento PHEV
  • Kia Niro PHEV
  • Subarau Crosstrek PHEV
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe
  • Jeep Wrangler
  • Ford Escape PHEV

Also, has anyone worked with a broker on PHEV suvs? I’m in Pittsburgh, PA. Willing to travel if needed.

I am in the same situation but looking to lease in the SOCAL area. Any good leases for these PHEVs from broker/dealer. Thanks.

2 Likes

Is there one or two that you are looking at? I was just looking at the grand cherokee lease. Not bad.
It doesn’t look like Toyota is offering any deals.
I’m interested in a larger SUV. So I think I’m going to look at the Mazda CX-90.

I am leaning towards the CX-90 also. I checked AAA insurance quotes for these vehicles and the CX-90 is one of the lowest…Something to consider in determining our lease.

1 Like

The CX-90 or the Jeep are the only ones with good incentives right now.

1 Like

Thank you. Did you recently lease one?

No, but your big list is PHEV’s and those are the only 2 with lease specials.

Can’t think of any other PHEV with the lease support of GC 4xe and CX90.

On financing the best TCO will probably be a lease-to-buy on a popular Toyota product such as RAV4 and Prius primes.

I think the RAV4 prime has 6500 lease cash? Lease to buyout to capture?

But nothing else that I am aware of. The CX90 and the Jeeps have more ‘support’ than $6500

True, both those will both depreciate like a rock if you were to buy it. @max_g suggested to finance, which I would agree with is the lowest TCO to buy a Prius or RAV4

2 Likes

Well the answer always is a Toyota if you plan to own it…hehe

But for a pure lease? CX90 and Jeeps are the way to go.

1 Like

In the right market I would also consider the Volvos but will be a steeper uphill climb to get a deal on one of those. You’ll get lease incentives and promos but less support from dealer. Expect $500 - 600 for the CX90 and the Jeeps. $700 - $900 for the Volvos (assuming you can find a '23 and a dealer who will play ball). However, that makes sense since the CX90 is a $50k car and the Volvos are $65 - 80k cars.

If the CX-90 Premium Plus is less than the GC 4xe with Lux Tech II, that would be a better buy because of the 3rd row. And not because you can sit more people, but theoretically it can give the 2nd row more space via slide and recline.

I just don’t think the top trim CX-90 will lease less than the base trim GC4xe with Lux Tech II.

2 Likes

I noticed that most of the CX-90 are captain’s chairs in the 2nd row. I really never use the 3rd row, so I’d rather have 3 seats in the back instead of 2.

That will limit you to just the CX-90 Preferred PHEV with the optional bench seat. That was a hard spec to find here in DFW but I just signed one last week for $464/month with 1st month DAS. It’s a great car but I wish the powertrain was more refined(I doubt the Jeep’s will be any better). Still, I’m happy with it for the next 24 months/24,000 miles. Charges up to 100% overnight with a 110V outlet and range seems pretty accurate.

Can you share your deal details? What incentives did you get to that pricing?

The numbers don’t match exactly but here you go:

It was a pretty easy deal to be honest, you can probably do better. The hardest part here in Texas is taxes but I had a trade-in which helped (they offered a very good price for it).

100%. The safest lease to buy option is finding a dealer with an MSRP or below unit Prime anything, and then applying the credit. The other marques maybe as equally as reliable, but without some long term results for their system reliability…hard pass/lease only.

2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. But people here on leasehackr tend to hate on Mitsubishi :person_shrugging: