Best luxury car to lease

I think Bmw 330 may be attainable. I think it’s better then a3

The advice you’re being given is more help than you realize.

Tell your parents if they want you in a brand new, luxury vehicle, they can pay for it. Learn now to be wise with your money and you will be so much better off for the rest of your life.

With all that said, if you want to ignore all that, then use the search function to look through previous deals and read through the leasing 101 section in great detail. Keep in mind that the cheapest car to lease may not be the cheapest car overall after you get insurance quotes. We can’t help you with that.

3 Likes

I would say 330i also if you had loyalty. Are you open to lease transfers? Check the private lease transfers. You can get a F30 330i or 330e for a low payment, they usually pop up in that section.

Get one of those A220 loners, they’re going for less than 250/month

Yes 2019 330i loaner is the way to go, can probably get close to your monthly payment after msds, good highway mpg, and maintenance covered for most of the lease. Insurance will likely hurt vs cheaper options. This is not financially terrible despite the driver being only 18, certainly good bang for your buck. A used insight or Prius would be definitely be cheaper to own and run.

I join the chorus of responses saying:

1)saving and long term investing your money will bring you much greater utility
2) 20% is far too high a percent of monthly income to spend on a car

but if you must lease a luxury vehicle this is the most cost effective.

Ask yourself if you want a luxury car for just the brand name. Right after high school it might feel important to be flashy and cool, but in all reality, nobody cares. If I could go back a few years and give myself advice, I’d tell myself to be smarter with money especially when it comes to doing things for the approval of other people.

I’d look at a Kia Optima S, leather seats, sunroof, apple carplay, all the creature comforts that you’d find in a luxury brand but much cheaper and better on insurance. Not a bad looking car either.

If you HAVE to have a luxury car, look at some Mercedes A or C class loaners. You might also be able to find a BMW 2 series or X1 for cheap. Depending on where you are in the country, you could get a Volvo S60 for that price range.

I’m not here to lecture you, because I don’t know you or your situation, but man I sure wish I could go back in time and give myself advice. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wanna see 18 year olds go broke and live in their luxury car lease. So yeah go spend 50% of your 1800 a month income on a lease and have mommy co-sign.

1 Like

I think this is something we all relate to and are all trying to do by proxy here

You need to do your research. There are tons of posts sharing deal numbers. This is just another “wanted ad” and should technically be closed.

Yeah but there’s a difference between trying to give advice and hard shutting the kid down. Honestly, I’m a bit jealous too, I wish I drove a Lexus IS in high school. His parents are probably in a higher tax bracket than most of us and can waste the money, and I bet they told him to find something for under $350 a month and they’ll pay for it. If that’s the case then let him benefit from it – who wouldn’t be excited about a new car right after graduation?

1 Like

This seems nice, will take a look!

But that’s not what was said. It was “I’m spending ~20% of my salary on this”, which definitely implies that it isn’t being paid for.

My parents are giving me none of the money for it, I can comfortably afford the car myself with my work. For insight on everyone saying this is financially irresponsible of me, and this is giving more information than I’m comfortable with, this would be around 3% of my net monthly ingress, I’ve held my job for almost four years now and I have enough savings to cover me if anything where to fall through. On top of that, I reinvest 80% of my monthly check and save 10% every month, the rest is going towards this car and my monthly expenses which is putting money away to pay for my college tuition in the fall, going out to the movies, and just the regular things you do as a teen. Since the LLC is under my name as this is my own company basically, I can also write off part of the lease in my taxes. Thank you for your advice I appreciate the way you put it, just honestly looking for something nicer than the old Lexus.

Also, If anyone trusted on here wants to check my finances, shoot me a PM.

Especially so with base models. Every younger individual that I have met that drives a CLA, A3, 320, etc. thinks they/the car is cool. I just look at it like you couldn’t afford an actual Mercedes, Audi, BMW, etc. I know it is a bit snobbish, but they are being just as snobby.

1 Like

You’re telling me that you’ve had a marketing job since 14 and net $10,000 a month, but you can’t buy a used car because your parents wont let you? Something isn’t adding up here.

2 Likes

“oh he has the 320i without the sunroof and 14 inch rims? :joy:

1 Like

Sent you a PM with more details

Folks, I think the OP is well aware that a lot of posters don’t agree w/ who he/she wants to spend $ and has politely and repeatedly declined.

Probably. I think there isn’t anything else useful to add to the post…

All I was asking for was what car brands where the best to lease at my price point, but I haven’t really gotten an answer. I got a few suggestions but not a lot of input other than “you shouldn’t be spending your money like this,” which I get and appreciate but I just want a car man lol

Then respectfully there are plenty of threads on this forum that you can read, do your own research, and get the answers you want. There is nothing useful about this thread anymore.

1 Like