Best luxury car to lease

Hey!

I’m looking to lease a sedan from Audi, Volvo, or any luxury brand to be honest.

There’s some current incentives going around but it’s all asking for too much money down for what I want to give. I don’t mind if the car is a base model I just want to start building my credit and loyalty with any brand I go with.

I’m aiming for a $325-$350 monthly payment with $2k down, 36/10 preferred. Do you guys have any recommendations on what cars I should look at? I’m a graduating HS student with my mom as a co-cosigner with Tier 1 credit.

Thank you for the input, trying to get the best bang for my buck :slight_smile:

I suspect this will not end well… :popcorn:

9 Likes

There are much better things to be spending $500/mo on (payment + insurance) at 18.

Insurance cost is going to be a major driver in anything you look at.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be spending this money if I didn’t have a job to back it up, I work in marketing so I make enough for this to be under 20% of my monthly salary :slight_smile:

Mine is under 4% combined for my car and my wife’s and I wouldn’t be at all sad if it was less. It’s already more than I’d like to be spending.

Things get expensive when you’re out in the world, particularly if you’re putting aside adequate money to retirement/savings. Now is the time to develop strong financial habits, while you have decades of compounding interest ahead of you.

1 Like

Hi! I’m a now HS Senior. I’m the forum’s teenager that tells other teenagers to piss off when they want to do something financially unwise. I also hack leases for friends and family, and I’ve done a deal for a classmate via their parents.

I don’t recommend this, like at all. They were stupid rich, wanted a new Volvo for their kid, and I obliged.

My 2 cents? Don’t. No offense, finance something, Lexus? Do you REALLY want a nice luxury car? From my current financial standpoint, I save 70% of my post tax income, and right now with COVID I’m saving 100% of my unemployment. I may lease a car in the future to get out of my rapidly failing Nissan, but that’s a need not a want. Save that money for a house down payment and be leagues and miles ahead of any other GenZ. You are making 1800/month post tax, don’t brick money just yet, save more and be on top, when you need to go back to school for something, or when you need to buy a house, or when a medical bill comes up.

5 Likes

Fingers crossed that’s 20% on net, not gross.

I just said under 20% since that’s the rule I was taught, I don’t want to reveal my salary but I can comfortably afford this car and have enough savings to cover the entire lease payment.

I would any day purchase a used car like a S2000 but my parents want me to lease, so this is my only option at this point.

You really want a lease, talk to @mani_is_kool and @nextlevelautobrokers. Both deal BMWs out of Florida, and Mani used to do Mercs. My opinion is, that if you feel comfortable spending that much, you need to be comfortable saving a lot more than that for your future.

3 Likes

It’s not easy to make a recommendation when the net is cast too wide.

Do you have preference of sedan vs. SUV? Is a BMW X1, a Volvo XC40, or a Mercedes GLA luxurious enough for you? (which are the bottom rung of what those makes are offering) What are you looking for size wise? Feature wise? In terms of how a car drives or how functional it is?

You need to narrow down the choices for us to be of any us to you.

1 Like

Same here…Id like it to be 0%. Cars are, in truth, a horrific awful terrible waste of money. I wish I didn’t like them so much…

3 Likes

The young man is asking for brand advice…not for life advice. The poster understands leasing a LUXURY car will result in a more LUXURY car payment. Op most previous posters just want you to understand the contract you’re getting into will effect your life for the next three years and then some. It will stunt your growth financially speaking. However to me if you did this smart you can have what you want while start your financial success. To answer your question, it is very broad question you ask. Simple answer, lease wise is Bmw. But the question you ask needs to be specific to the car model and timing. A bmw can lease atrociously if you don’t know anything about leasing/don’t qualify for incentives where an Audi can lease amazingly w knowledge and the right timing. It’s about negotiating skills…timing…incentives…and knowledge.

3 Likes

Yes…that^^^^^

Pretty much this entire forum summed up in a sentence.

The other option is an absolutely ceaseless scanning of Swapalease and Lease Trader multiple times per hour to grab the sweetheart transfers that are posted there once in a while. Off the top of my head, I can think of three cars I grabbed on SAL that were as good of a deal as anything I have ever hacked myself.

1 Like

I have loyalty with Audi due to my mom owning one for several years now, I think an A3 might fit my budget if the negotiation is done right? What BMWs would you recommend to go for leasing, I don’t mind waiting on this until I get the deal I want.

If you can find a leftover 2019 demo/loaner 330/430 you have the potential for a pretty sweet deal. We will see what happens in a few more days, but as of now lease support may be ending on the 2019s the end of this month.

Act fast on '19s, they cannot be leased next week. Fl has very high document fees for all dealers, so that may be an issue, meaning you may have to put more fees to deal with than someone from the NYC tristate area.

Grrrrrrrrrrr! Yes, that is unfortunately the norm here :frowning:

I wonder if BMW will say, as they have a number of times, “we were just kidding!” You have one more month…