Best hot hatch to lease/finance?

Hello everyone I’m new to this forum! I’m currently on the search for the best hot hatch deal to lease or finance between the STI, Golf R, Type R and the Veloster N. Could anyone point me in the right direction and tell me what’s the best deal out there between these 4 cars?
Is it true that none of these cars lease well so I’m better off just financing instead?

1. Which car could I lease for the least with little to nothing down?
  2. If financing is a better option, which car could I purchase at a discount or get a better deal overall?

(Currently in SoCal)
Thank you in advance!

Welcome to LH.

May I politely recommend the :mag: up top.

It’ll quickly tell you that the Civic and the Golf R are non-starters for leases.

:bat:

2 Likes

+1 with what @anon92897398 replied. None of these will lease great, but, STI would most likely be the cheapest to lease. I’d suggest looking into a BMW 330i with the track handling package. Good luck with your hunt.

1 Like

I despise these threads. As a driving enthusiast and having driven all of them, they have vastly different characteristics and appeal. How could one make a decision on these cars based on which one is the ‘best deal’ whatever that means :man_facepalming: you’re just going to get a bunch of opinions and BS and ‘go look at this or that BMW’.

OP, pick which one you like the best and get the best deal possible on that car. You’ve done 10 mins of reading on this site, I’d suggest doing 10x that just to get started.

4 Likes

@chrishs2000, yes guilty of the BMW BS :rofl: I couldn’t resist.

You’ll need to drive them all to decide. I had a 2017 Golf R, and really liked it; quick and pretty refined. It will not be as hardcore as the others on your list, but is a great DD.

2 Likes

Driving a CTR is like driving a Golf R with a completely full bladder and continuously taking shots of hot sauce. My S2K is a better DD, IMHO.

2 Likes

I’ve no idea if you said CTR is better or worse then a Golf R

@boozinix, I’d say he’s saying the CTR is worse, but just a wild guess

I think it depends on your definition of better, better for the track a ctr, better at being an actual car the R.

Exactly. Opinions are like a-holes. This board is full of them. Probs not a great idea to ask strangers on the internet what they like best.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Will do! I appreciate everyone for chiming in.

The Golf R makes a smart purchase because of it’s high residual, but the lease offers are poor. Buy the Golf R and 3 years later you should be able to sell it for 60% of the selling price. The STI is not a hatch. But the WRX and STI sometimes lease well, again good residuals.

While not a hatch, the Genesis G70 2.0 with manual and sport package can be leased for under $350 mo in many areas.

2 Likes

Interesting :o thank you! I’ll keep that in mind and continue to read more topics about these cars.

You “had” a golf R? Why did you get rid of it?

Have you seen the negative residual on the Type Rs?

…or buy a CTR and you’ll be able to sell it for 110% of the selling price, at least that’s what they’re going for now.

Genesis G70? Should I now recommend an Accord Sport? This thread is running hard to lock-ville.

1 Like

Maybe only to someone with a completely full bladder who continuously taking shots of hot sauce.

If you know of such a person - post a photo - we want to know !

I leased it before I knew about Leasehackr. Lease ended and I wanted to find a unicorn deal on a BMW.

1 Like

The deals are still strong on ES 350 F Sport! :rofl:

4 Likes