Best Deal on 2023 Hyundai Nexo Limited lease?

I’ve been searching the forums for information on what would constitute a good deal for a 2023 Hyundai Nexo fuel cell. I’m seeing some deals signed a few years ago that I felt were okay but are different in our current market.

I’m getting quoted $800/month w/o tax ($890/month w/tax), $2500 down. 12,000 miles/3 year lease. $62k, $38k residual.

I’m aware of the $15k hydrogen card, which can be fully used up if you drive 15k miles/year, which I won’t be able to. And I barely drive 10k miles/year.

$4500 CVRP rebate.

Anything else I’m missing in terms of discounts?

How much would constitute a good lease hackr deal on this Nexo?

Thank you

Yikes…

We did a 36 month / 15k per year lease in 2020 (I know totally different time). Our monthly INCLUDING tax is $440 on a Limited Nexo ($2,500 down out the door)…

for the kind of money you’re talking about, get a real car.

1 Like

If you are set on the hydrogen Nexo-I think it’s better to purchase rather than lease… they offer $20K off on the Limited and with purchase-that $15K card is good for 6 years…

Look into the Toyota Mirai, if you’re not set on the Nexo… same thing better to buy ($17K instant rebate) than lease and same terms 6yr for the $15K fuel card

For the CVRP if you qualify-there’s an extra $2500 added if “low income” household

1 Like

So why fuel cell?

You sound like a better candidate for a BEV or PHEV or even ICEV.

1 Like

Plug into the fact that the true availability of hydrogen refill is still quite limited, the other candidates become much more attractive.

So Mirai is a better buy at $17,000 off the bat?
I thought the Nexo $20k was taken off instantly as well.

Looking at the used Nexo’s on the market, they’re all going for $14k 3 years old.

I have a EV now, giving it to a family member. I don’t like the poor range on the highway, and I don’t have a EV charging in my apartment, making it a hassle to charge 1 hour for 80%.

I’m open any any vehicle, as long as it’s a great deal.

I agree. I’ve got 3 near me though and the status shows running.

Wow that’s an amazing deal!

$2,500 down was for the taxes and DMV costs?

Where you able to do a one-time pay for your lease?

Mirai is a better deal…per se

I noticed @Cody_Carter has no cars at the moment, here’s the link for his website… contact him and see what he tells you for future allocations or other vehicles he has on there :+1: also, Mirai will hold better value than Nexo
If I didn’t have an EV I would’ve scooped one up for a daily driver and FREE fuel

1 Like

What’s the residual for Mirai?

Also, what if I get a 72 month lease for Nexo Limited $600/month $0 down.

I don’t think there are any lease programs for the Mirai
As for Nexo 72mo lease??? Did you mean purchase??? crunch the numbers and see what works for you and TCO but in my opinion the Mirai will still be a better option after 3 years
Hypothetically the 2022 Mirai 72mo 0% with $0 down would cost you roughly $530/mo (don’t know if 2023 has the $17K rebate yet) so about $20K for 3 years minus the $4500 it’s $15,500 compare that to your projected lease for the NEXO and see which works better, and even if you keep it to 6 years-still driving with FREE fuel… I would assume 5 year mark to get maybe 20% ($7K-$10K resale value) when you sell for either car

Even if you could, DO NOT get such a long lease.

How come? Could you explain please. Thank you

No they quoted me 72 month lease instead of purchase. Would it be better to purchase than lease?
I’m seeing 2019 Nexo Limited’s for $14k, with 20k miles on dealer lots.

That is crazy, your 72 mo lease would be $43K which is your purchase price when you account the $20K rebate ??? Are you sure sure it’s for a lease… you specified in your first post RV $38K for 36 mo, what is RV for the 72???

Just don’t lease it for 72 months… better to buy at that term… :+1:

1 Like

Here, if you scroll down and adjust the amounts your 72 mo 0% APR payment is about $620 with $0 down and assuming excellent credit

https://www.keyeshyundai.com/new/Hyundai/2023-Hyundai-NEXO-aa2ca5ea0a0e094a798690cedff68f40.htm

If you really have to ask why signing a 72 month lease is not recommended, then I will suggest reading up on the basics of leasing (Leasing 101 — EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR).

Nexo with the $20k off, is $40k. Niro starts at $40k as a base model.
The Nexo gets the $15k of free fuel, Niro get’s none.

Let’s say I negotiate the Niro down to $35k, the free fuel would still make the Nexo on top.

Let me know if my math is incorrect?