Best Convertible for $1,000 a month

I am looking for my sister who has test driven the M4 and although she liked it a lot, she is worried about the lack of room in the back. I am sure she could stretch to $1,200 for an amazing deal.

It is a bit of an odd price point as I can’t think of many 4/5 seater cars with a soft top. The new E Class only has one engine choice and no AMG kit so it looks a bit rubbish.

Any suggestions welcome.

She could try test driving the S5 convertible, 1200 a month is more than enough for that.

2 Likes

M4 was the first thing that popped in my mind reading the title. Obviously got that covered so 650i.

Three Nissan Murano CrossCabriolet. The fricking ugliest car alive, bar Aztek, who’s dead :grin:

5 Likes

Please nobody mention this either

3 Likes

Very nice. And it’s LR :slight_smile:

How about a non m 6 series?

IDamn that Murano is looking sexy. Please don’t compare a LR to that Murano…the Murano is obviously in a league of its own. :rofl::joy:

I think when you say 4 seats and convertible all the cars have a cramped back seat. Especially if it is performance oriented.

Maserati Granturismo vert. Big money on these last time I checked. Only issue is the style is old and new version coming in soon, although I will say the lines are timeless. The tech is aged though.

Bmw m4 vert. Great balance with a hardtop convertible to boot.

C63/c63s vert. Pricier than the m4 but a great alternative. Mercedes has the better interiors of the 2 (bmw and Mercedes).

M6 vert. Probably can find good deals here given the fact the body is on its last year. I’d say they Maserati would provide the better bet since the new m6 will be more prevalent.

The e class vert will have an AMG version but still a little bit out.

S5 vert. Haven’t kept up with this Car. Has it had a body change? If not it will soon like the others. Decent car but can’t hang with the others. Probably the cheapest car of all of them price wise I’d assume.

Is there anything else? I don’t know if there is…

1 Like

I didn’t, Ed did… :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a brand new S5 vert which is probably worth looking at. Would love to see if we could Hack a deal on an S class vert as well.

Agree about the 6 series being a bit old. She really wants CarPlay as well, so it rules the 6 out I think.

Alfa Guilia Q - if there was one convertible :slight_smile:

Hahaha sorry just replied to your post but that comment was directed at Ed.

S Class vert has $15k cash the hard part is getting the price down to that range. I looked around for a while and I don’t think it would be possible due to the high msrp.

1 Like

I think the S550 that I would spec comes to about $146k. If we could get that below 1% then we are in the right area…

Ya I was looking at the s63 because of the 15k. The s550 doesn’t have money on it so it would take a good residual to make it work.

Go take a look at the Audi S5, the virtual cockpit is amazing.

The new s5 looks like the old one but a slight touch up. The interior does look nice though. I also noticed the new rs5 changed the engine which was a good idea. Definitely worth checking it out.

For those of us with bad knees, this Murano is not a terrible solution. Otherwise I am literally falling into a convertible and dragging myself up out of it.

Any SUV convertible is a bad [stupid] idea, IMO. Just don’t get yourself into any convertible and you will be fine :slight_smile:

What quotes were you seeing?

I would go with new e400 cab. Lots of power and plenty of room.