Best car for $30k

And the new sportage is in a whole different league than the rav4.

1 Like

Firstly Toyota over Honda (both are great though)

Nextly. The Rav4 is dated and bland(espcially interior) but the RAV4 is bigger.
HRV is more in line with the ToyotaCross and TOyota CH-R.

The CHR is the smallest but if you sit in one, the interior is much more modern, the exterior is modern also.

I was looking at all those last year. ended up with a Toyota CHR. Just a more nicer and modern fell. (BUT SLOW AS MOLASAS)

1 Like

The new HRV is much more spacious than the CHR, AFAIK.

To clarify it’s the new sportage hybrid. It’s actually her favorite but I am not too sure about the depreciation on them versus the other two cars. I would argue it’s much nicer, but if it doesn’t hold its value than that doesn’t matter.

Agreed. The RAV4 seems a bit outdated compared to the sportage hybrid and the HRV.

Took my wife to test drive the cars. She loved the sportage hybrid compared to the HRV and RAV4 hybrid. Ended up paying $3k over MSRP for a SX prestige in matte gray. Came with three years maintenance and a few other coverages added as part of the deal. Financed bc couldn’t get the funds last minute late Saturday afternoon, but going to pay off this week.

Being able to drive 500 miles on a single tank and getting 38 mpg is huge. Even though she doesn’t drive much we take monthly trips to Boston and will now be using that car instead of my G70. She loved the color and features. There isn’t any data on depreciation that I could find for the hybrid, but it’ll definitely depreciate more than the Honda or Toyota. It does have a much longer warranty and it was actually cheap on the insurance.

Have a HRV on order due in late August that is at MSRP. Haven’t canceled it yet. Depending on car market thought I might be able to flip it or offer it to a family member.

5 Likes

Driving and loving it makes all the difference. Congratulations and enjoy!

1 Like

8 Likes

+1

Especially in this market where you are paying a lot of money for a vehicle.

2 Likes

Congrats on the new ride! Remember to add yourself to the “Signed!” database on LH.

3 Likes

Based on those jeans …you may have over extended yourself

OP congrats on the car. Did you need to blackout the glock in your left hand that you used to intimidate thr dealer into giving you floor mats?

4 Likes

The new sportages are really impressive. If I was in the market right now, I’d give them a hard look.

I’ve only seen them from the outside, but I think the Sportage is almost bizarrely gorgeous for the class and certainly looks to be a class up, in that regard.

If I were to get one, it’d have to be an EX hybrid, just for the blue interior:

5 Likes

I LOVE blue interiors!!! :smiley: It was the only thing I liked about the last Lincoln Continental…

Welp, saving my pennies now and hoping cars go back to MSRP or less one day…

Free three year maintenance

The matte black/gray color on the SX is what put us over. So sick in person.

Definitely can’t be compared to a RAV4 or HRV. Much nicer and so many additional features.