Best bang for buck car ~ $300

Looking to crowd-source ideas for the best deal @ $300/mo. (including tax), with $0 drive off. I’m open to most makes/models, but would prefer to stay away from Ford and Chevy.

• I’m in NV, but willing to fly and pickup the right deal.
  • I qualify for BMW fleet, VW discount, and other car dealer rebates through my employer.
  • I have a 5 Series that I’d be trading in or selling private party.
  • Not seeing trucks in this price range but would be open to something mid-size (Tacoma) for $300 if doable.

Thoughts on deals that may not be reaching the front page and therefore off most people’s radar?

Thanks.

1 Like

Infiniti Q50 is one of the best values you will find in $300 range

my vote is the jaguar xe. I personally find it nicer than a 3 series.

I second both of the above. Test drive the Q50 and Jag XE and decide. They are pretty aggressive with the leases based on the dealer ads…

Thanks all. Will consider both. Is the Q50 really going for $300 / month? I thought it was closer to $400.

Also interested in any under the radar / lesser known cars – assuming they’re out there?

I’ve been shopping around for the Q50 and in my research if you want anything but the base it’s going to cost well over $300 with $0 down. Cheapest I’ve seen even on base model is $309 with $1400 drive off from Honcker app

You won’t find much at BMW under $300. They have cut off all the good lease deals. Unless you have to have a BMW I’d look elsewhere. If you do want another BMW look into demo cars but even then I think you will have a very hard time getting in below $300, especially with $0 drive off.

Mercedes and Audi are pretty much in the same boat. They don’t lease well right now.

VW’s you might actually want like the GTI also don’t seem to lease very well. You can get low price leases on Jettas but that will be a big step down from a 5 Series.

Shop your 5 Series to CarMax and AutoNation to get a baseline before you talk trade with dealers. AutoNation will do it online, check their website.

The jaguar xe. Get it

Hmm. The Jag kinda seems like a ‘dad’ car. I’m trying to get out of the soccer mom 5 series into something more hip. I’ll still take a look.

Im sure you can get a tacoma for under 300 with 0 down 12k miles a year

you can get MB C Class for $299, but only get 10k a yr.

and when you mean zero down, you mean zero money or no cap cost down?

does it have to be brand spankin new or will you do demo/retired service loaners?

Are you using your BMW as cap cost reduction? If so we would need to know what its worth. Why not sell the car and pocket the money. A 2016 Kia optima SXL which is $37K can be had for under $300 on a 2yr lease, especially if you sign up for uber. It’s a pretty good car with all the bells and whistles, obviously not a 5 series, but they can’t be had at this price. Now watch as the anti-Koreans flay me.

@Cassieandnoah - Source? I’m not seeing anything near that for a Tacoma.

@tenchibmw - Are you talking total drive off? I’d pay to have the payments kept in the $300 range. I’d also consider a low mile loaner. Is there a miles min/max that qualifies a demo or service loaner?

@drtodd - I’m not in love with Kia. Thanks for the reco. As for my current BMW, I’d sell and pocket the money to be used for monthly payments on the lease.

1 Like

Look up their lease specials on tue toyota website.
We just got one tacoma limited double cab 305 ( tax included)a month. 15k miles

1 Like

1 Like

We used this as the starting point for neg. but we ended up with 15k miles 48 months 305 a month tax included for a tacoma limited. We put $500 down and a beat up camry with a fu’d transmission. It was used by my brow in law for transporting his husky( just imagine the dog hair) 220xxx miles and was even used for offroading. Front bumper came off plus the thing was hideous inside and outside from all the dents and stains. Same on the inside. He was ready to get rid of itcoz it left him stranded on multiples occasions

I know of a couple of C class former execs, some loaners, all under 5k miles for around $299. You would have to pay the acquisition fee but minimal out of pocket.

Has anyone got the Jag XE for $299 with 0 down (or just driveoffs)? I’m in the Bay Area.

Seen it in NJ for $269 + drive offs, but not sure that’s helpful for you.