Best auto insurance in NYC?

Have several cars under geico with a clean record. They keep raising rates. Looking into getting an Infiniti Q50 and the quote is twice what a similarly priced BMW is. Anyone advice a good company to switch to?thanks

I was told by my insurance (usaa) that in general nyc has raised premium because some statistic change blah blah blah…

The same thing just happened to me, I’m in Brooklyn NY and Geico just raised my insurance on 2 cars as well.

Strategy to make more money? It’s crazy I have bmw that’s costs 16k more and they claim a q50 costs more to repair than bmw and I’m lucky to even pay this little. 1900 for a q50 for 1 year is crazy

Same here. About 8 percent increase. Thinking of trying allstate. I had them for a year, then when they jacked rates, went back to Geico.

I’ve called Allstate it still came out more than what I’m paying with Geico

Well your in brooklyn. The most expensive auto insurance in state. No wonder everyone has Florida or pa insurance in NYC.

1 Like

Try esurance. When I was in Bayside, esurance was way less for me than Geico after adding a second car.

Metromile?

1 Like

Esurance is allstate lol

That doesn’t mean they have the same rates as Allstate.

They rates even worse

3400/yr for my E class in Brooklyn with USAA… so sick of this city.

Not NY related but insurance rates also went up in Houston due to Harvey… ugh

Hi all. Just moved to NYC and my current insurance company (NJ Manufacturers) doesn’t cover NYC. Geico looks cheap,State Farm is expensive. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Utica insurance is by far the cheapest. also try traveler’s. forget about statefarm/allaste - it will cost you a ton.

Auto insurance company will increase premium every year even you are good driver and have no claim. Therefore you need to change company ever 2-3 year.
I have changed from Farmers to Allstate to Statefarm to Progressive then back to Farmers.
My 2 cents.

Is Geico any good? Or an avoid at all costs bottom feeder? Never considered Travelers, but seeing that mentioned as well. State Farm and Allstate are both crazy expensive. And I thought NJ was supposed to have the highest insurance rates!

I am in Brooklyn, NY. GEICO is by far the cheapest. About $1,200 per year cheaper than Allstate

Would you recommend geico?